Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

UK Blocked phone

• 14-03-2006 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

i see alot of these for sale on ebay,

as far as i know they will work over here, but when i roam over in the uk using one would it work as i would be connecting or attempting to connect to a uk network with an irish sim?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Smithers wrote:
    i see alot of these for sale on ebay,

as far as i know they will work over here, but when i roam over in the uk using one would it work as i would be connecting or attempting to connect to a uk network with an irish sim?

cheers

i very much doubt it and i don't think you're allowed to ask questions like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

why not? if it was illegal ebay woudnt alloy it,

anyhow cheers for the reply

anyone know for sure?

i think u misunderstood, blocked, not locked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It would be locked to use only a SIM from that UK network (i.e. T-Mobile). Therefore sticking a Meteor SIM for example in it while in the UK wont make it work.

Smithers wrote:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

smithers you are right, it will work here but when on uk networks it might not work,i havent tried it befor ebut i was looking on ebay before and theres loads of good phones for sale but there not that cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Lads this is unacceptable discussion. Ebay should not be listing these phones.

Smithers wrote:

locked=only a sim from a particular network

blocked=stolen and blacklisted

i'm not sure why ebay allows these. i suppose the phones are only blocked in england so they have no jurisdiction

i lose my phone and its insured, they send me out a new one - i find old one under seat of car, i sell on ebay, that seems ok, no ?

Smithers wrote:
    i lose my phone and its insured, they send me out a new one - i find old one under seat of car, i sell on ebay, that seems ok, no ?
    well, no. thats classed as insurance fraud

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Why is this thread still going?

jesus chill,

Mods at the fear of causing civil unrest lock thread please,

all those who genuinely answered the original question thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I go away for a few days and come back to this. The next time im going to have to bring the pampers out. pampers_logo.gif

Simple as this , anyone caught talking about blocked phones from now on gets a ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement