Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eye make up remover

• 14-03-2006 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Just wonderiing what most people use to remove their eye makeup?
    Bit dubious about the products that are currently on the market because of all the crap thats in them and the under eye area is so fragile. Dont like using perfumed products or anything i think has additional unnecessary chemicals added to it.
    At the moment i use vaseline but i think it has a tendancy to drag the skin down a little because its a thick consistency. Also tends to give you that uber annoying shiny look.
    Just looking for a product thats as natural and efficient as possible. And affordable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Vaseline!!! oooh that doesnt sound nnice [sorry]
    I use either some Boots eye makeup remover or stuff by Simple. both are fairly cheap and last ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I use olive oil! It does make skin a bit shiny, though, so you'd have to wash your face after as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I use a Clinique one which is purple. It may be called 'Take the Day Off'. I don't buy it, Mum does. She has sensitive skin so it's one of the only ones she's not allergic to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I use a product by Guinot, can't for the life of me remember it's name but it's really good. I tend to wear a lot of eye make up and it only requires the littlest amount of this product and it removes it really well, especially the four coats of mascara lol ;)

Here you go!!
    http://www.guinotusa.com/products/skincare_detail.php?prod_id=527432&back=/products/skincare.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

the clinique one is great - the purple one. if thats too dear go for boots own brand. I use a facial scrub from boots, then a wash then some eye makeup remover to take off whats left. I read this thing before that said to use eye makeup remover correctly - dont drag it across the eye. instead put it on a cotton pad, close your eye and hold the pad against your eyelid for at least 20 seconds (it takes this long for the stuff to kick in) and then gently wipe off. Ive tried this and it works much better!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

Baby Wipes! Cheaper than facial wipes by far and get 3 times as many! Great for taking eye & facial make-up off, dont sting your eyes and are gentle on your skin.
    I dont use anything else!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

Clinique "take the day off" and Lancome Bi-facil are both fantastic. They have an oil in them which helps lift the makeup off, and then a water based layer to refresh. I still have to rub a bit to get the mascara off, but they make much lighter work of eye makeup than the L'Oreal/ Nivea watery ones you get in Boots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I read this thing before that said to use eye makeup remover correctly - dont drag it across the eye. instead put it on a cotton pad, close your eye and hold the pad against your eyelid for at least 20 seconds (it takes this long for the stuff to kick in) and then gently wipe off. Ive tried this and it works much better!

same thing goes when removing nail polish! Oh and I was using Boots cucumber eye remover gel but found that it stung my eyes. Am now using one that I got from Sephora in Paris which is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I was watching a show in the E Network about models and apparently half of them use baby oil to remove their eye make up.

I used to use baby lotion myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Lancome Bi Facial, is the best product i have seen for eye make up remover. It takes all make up off, but is very sensitive on the skin. Id swear by it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I use Simple Facial wipes - they are very mild and if you have waterproof mascara on you may need to wipe more than once but I have always found them very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sunshiney

kittex wrote:
    I was watching a show in the E Network about models and apparently half of them use baby oil to remove their eye make up.

I used to use baby lotion myself.

i use tescos baby oil but only at night, it leaves your eyes pretty greasy so its annoying if you're about to put makeup on. It works for me and its cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

Johnsons baby wipes ftw..i have very sensitive eyes,and they're a godsend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 emalosta

Simple facial wipes work great for me as do Garnier cleansing wipes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Pythia wrote:
    I use a Clinique one which is purple. It may be called 'Take the Day Off'. I don't buy it, Mum does. She has sensitive skin so it's one of the only ones she's not allergic to.

I used to use that one too. But I'd always make up the next morning with panda eyes. Then I tried Olay Facial Wipes (not the express ones).

But eventually I got annoyed with all that. Am rather a low key girl. Things have to work quickly but efficient. I just use soap (Dove for sensitive skin) and a flannel to wipe it away. Afterwards, I use my vaseline aloe vera. It's great to remove the last bits and pieces and is great for the skin too. And...no more panda eyes in the morning.

Advertisement