Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant send emails

• 15-03-2006 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I am able to receive emails but not send them. Any time I try to send one I get the error message "553 sorry, that domain isnt on my list of allowed rrcpthosts(#5.7.1)" Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

What's the SMTP server address?
    Have you set the correct SMTP server address (i.e. Your broadband providers...)?
    Depends on your setup. Give more information please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

That's a relay error. What's changed recently? Have you switched ISP, gotten a new email address, had someone come around to configure outlook for you, etc etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I changed to imagine broadband recently but it kept sending emails for a while after I changed. Im still using my eircom email address by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 badbob_lucylu

Having the exact same problem !!
    Think its Eircom ! as usual !!

I HATE THEM !!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr

In your email client, check/change your account settings. SMTP= mail.imagine.ie (Port remains the same, 25)

• Advertisement

when I clicked on "test account settings" with the new smpt it says "the specified server was found but there was no response from the server. please verify the port and ssl information is correct." I kept the port on 25 by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

mail.imagine.ie doesn't seem to be doing anything particularly weird. It does require a HELO with a domain name, but your client should be well able to handle that.

When you hit "Test Account Settings", it should give you a code for that error.

No it doesnt give a code for the error. Im on outlook 2003 by the way, I should have mentioned that before!

a.
    Click Tools and Accounts.
    Click the Mail tab.
    Highlight the account in the list
    Click the Properties button
    In the properties, click the Servers tab.
    Make sure that the Outgoing Mail setting is mail.imagine.ie
    Tick the box for My Server Requires Authentication.
    Click the Settings button
    Change the option to Log On Using.
    In the box for Account Name, fill in your full email address.
    In the box for Password, fill in the password for your email address.
    Click OK, then click OK and then click Close.

[strike]
    b.
    Check whether your settings are currently set to "use SSL".

c.
    Disable firewalls and test.
    [/strike]

Ya option A worked for me thanks. badbob_lucylu you try it too it could work for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement