Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silly webcomic

• 15-03-2006 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

This is done by a man name Patrick May. He decided to make a surreal comic with random humour that also pokes fun at other webcomics.

It's purposely "N00bish" looking so please don't complain about the "art"(or lack thereof). I think it's actually very funny though.

If you don't "get" surreal humour, might not be for you.

http://epiadv.netfirms.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

i can honestly say i dont "get" surreal comedy, not even sure what it is after looking at this, maybe its comedy that isnt funny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Yeah, not so much "haha" as "wtf?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Eh? Maybe it grows on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Eh? Maybe it grows on you.

Pretty much. There are a lot of in-jokes that you don't much get unless you read the whole archive(which does, to be fair, only take about a half an hour). It was written for a specific web community that fell apart, they were used to that guy's style of humour. I now have no idea how to help him find a new audience because I love the comic and don't want it to end.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Sorry, didnt find that funny at all

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah maybe it grows on ya...

...like a fungus. Without the 'fun'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

You probably have to think Friends is funny to appreciate it????

I hate the word surreal just something about it that bugs me. It's like a trendy (D4) word that some people use

Advertisement