Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"IOFL v Eircom" on The Dunphy Show 14/3

Options
  • 15-03-2006 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Heard Damien v the Eircom chap on the Dunphy show yesterday morning. It would appear that the PR gurus that Eircom probably employ have been grooming the answers and massaging the figures and certainly had their guest well prepped. If I wasn't aware of this board and IOFL, I would probably have regarded the outcome of the discussion as a 'draw'. No disrespect intended but that's how it came across. I feel that Dunphy does want to highlight the situation regarding BB and Eircom but doesn't really understand it and hence didn't overly involve himself in the discussion.

I would find it useful if the rationale behond the figures quoted could be explained and disected - particularly this 85% figure quoted by Eircom and the North v South figures.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Abc1

Go to 7:13 in..

Mark Coleman (Irish Times) Peter Evans(EsatBT) and John Doherty(Comreg)having a chat about BB..

Seems Eamonn was unhappy with the show on the 14th..

http://www.newstalk.ie/podcasts/library/ed1503.mp3

ABC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Today's show was utter bollox. I can't wait for the day that ComReg don't chicken out and agree to go on air with IrelandOffline. Dunphy was "unhappy" because the issue cannot be sorted out in a 15 minute segment especially when eircom don't tell the whole truth and IrelandOffline correct them on it.

It is pretty damning that ComReg just repeated the lines given to them by the eircom PR Department. They had enough powers to deal with LLU and they blew it. Doherty said number portability will be sorted by the summer, except it will be as good as the USO that isn't universal.

Telecoms Industry Guard Dog? Telecoms poodle more like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

damien.m wrote:
    It is pretty damning that ComReg just repeated the lines given to them by the eircom PR Department.....Telecoms Industry Guard Dog? Telecoms poodle more like.
    John Doherty really talks bull**** here:
    • We are the best now: We have the most rapid broadband growth
    • The poor 10% of population who can't get broadband currently (Even David McRedmond is more careful nowadays with this lie)
    • 30 000 wireless broadband customers now in the areas where other forms are not available due to ComRegs intelligent spectrum management. (I would guess that many/most(?) of those wireless bb customers are in areas where other forms of broadband are as well available.)

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

It's a very sad state of affairs when the regulator spins the stats and is afraid of IOFFL because it's telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Blaster99 wrote:
    It's a very sad state of affairs when the regulator spins the stats and is afraid of IOFFL because it's telling the truth.

Agreed...

• Advertisement
Advertisement