Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

SE T630... Help!

• 15-03-2006 9:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

OK, so got one of these second hand...

It asked for a PIN Code upon turning it on...

I entered the one for the SIM and now its asking for Phone Unlock Code...

I'm persuming this to mean its locked/blocked and of no use.

But seeing as its only my second SE owned I thought I'd ask for advice...

Anyone?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

A "second hand" phone with the pin code request still on... hmmmm!

You require the PUK. Get in touch with the previous owner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Well, he seems to be ignoring me...

The phone is asking for the "Phone Unlock Code" not the PIN 2 or PUK number.... which would lead me to believe its barred via the iemi number and the inital service provider, not via anything to do with the SIM its-self...

Would I be right in saying this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

half_dead wrote:
    Well, he seems to be ignoring me...

The phone is asking for the "Phone Unlock Code" not the PIN 2 or PUK number.... which would lead me to believe its barred via the iemi number and the inital service provider, not via anything to do with the SIM its-self...

Would I be right in saying this?

No. You are right in saying that it's a phone issue and not sim but its simply a phone lock that the original user put on the phone i.e a secondary code to enter after the pin code for added security.

Most phones support this feature. You can always try the usual defaults like "11111" or "00000", "12345" etc, but you'd probably have to get in contact with the owner to find out what the code was.

If he doesn't actually know it or if he keeps ignoring you the phone is most likely stolen or not his to sell.... :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭half_dead

Ah-ha...

Cheers for the info Havok... right so, that puts a new twist on it so. (Being that it was put on the phone by the apparent owner.)

Thanks again....

Advertisement