Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Marbella??

Options
  • 15-03-2006 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I'm moving to Marbella, Spain in the next few weeks. I have a job Sorted, will be renting accomodation, but still looking for a long term cheap let.

Anybody have any experiance of moving to this area or any advice at all
    /

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mairead morris

if u are looking for cheap then Marbella is the wrong place to look i afraid...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

That's useful - any more information anybody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

what sort of jobs are going down there? spanish wages are usually a lot lower than here and cost of living in marbella is similar or more than here if you live it up down there.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Well I have been over here for a week now. Starting work on Monday with the marketing department of an international property company. So I will traveling extensively throughout Europe.
    mairead morris this is a nice area, and can be expensive or cheap there is plenty of oportunity so spend So I just have to resist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kjrosina

my partner has just got a job in the property industry and we are planning to move to Marbella , we has a dog and a 6 year old boy, we have never been there so i need to know some inportant things like schools , renting , pets, everything reallly, can anyone help,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

kjrosina wrote:
    my partner has just got a job in the property industry and we are planning to move to Marbella , we has a dog and a 6 year old boy, we have never been there so i need to know some inportant things like schools , renting , pets, everything reallly, can anyone help,

HI Kjrosina,

I have been down here for 18 months now and all is going Great.

If you have never been to the area, you need to come down and explore the area a little before relocating your Family, Depending on what company your Partner is Joining, he may have to work long hours. If you are looking for an international school you will need to pay anual fees varying from €1500 to €10,000 per year. There is plenty of apartments/houses to rent but it is peak season now so landlords will be trying to reap the benifits of seasonal lets. in 6-8 weeks it would be much easier to find a good property at reasonable prices, I would recomend a central location where everything is in walking distance. There is a lot of property to rent which is miles away from everything, so don't organinze rental untill you have been to the property.
    Everybody down here have pets, so that shouldn't be a problem

happy hunting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Minfadlek

If your son is only 6, then he could probably manage ok in a Spanish school, Start (if possible all of you!) watching Spanish cartoons, familiar dvds in Spanish. Although there's a huge (mostly british) ex-pat community, it's always more interesting mixing with the locals... :)

Best of Luck with it all !

Advertisement