Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scent Garden

Options
  • 15-03-2006 10:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

The new restaurant above the Burnaby. We had a meal there the other night, I have to say it was absolutely delicious. The service was great ant the bill was reasonable. I'd highly recommend it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭GAN

Thought it was Thai but now I see they have a teppanyaki counter which is Japanese -- is it a mix of both? My other half is a veggie, is there much to choose from for him?

tried the place out last night, it was absolutely fantastic, the nicest Thai food I've eaten in Dublin. Would highly recommend it, the sole in yellow curry is particularly good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 face-the-phase

Does it do sushi? Expensive?

no sushi -- you can either sit at a table and order from the Thai menu, or sit at the teppanyaki counter and watch the chef cook in front of you, with plenty of flames and flying knives for good measure! I thought it was pretty good value, from memory the starters are between 7 and 10 euros, main courses start at around 14 euro for veggie stuff up to 20/22 for meat and fish. Thai beer was five euro a bottle, didn't check out the wine list on this occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SPS

We've been there a few times now and I have to agree, great authentic thai food. The jumbo steamed prawns are amazing and for anyone who's been to thailand the smell of the dish will bring you straight back there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

GAN wrote:
    tried the place out last night, it was absolutely fantastic, the nicest Thai food I've eaten in Dublin. Would highly recommend it, the sole in yellow curry is particularly good!

You didn't eat in Dublin... :D

yes I realised my mistake just after I'd posted...thought you all might not notice but you are all too sharp for me!! apologies to all wicklow dwellers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

Just waiting for a chance to give Scent Garden a go. Looking forward to some decent nosh.
    Had the misfortune to drop into another Chinese restaurant just up the road from Breretons on Saturday night and I've one word for anyone thinking of heading in there for a meal.......DON'T!
    Cold rice
    Cold meat
    Non-descript flavourless sauce
    A disappointing 1/10 on the Yipper scale
    That would have been a 0/10 but the old man who served us was quite friendly...he obviously doesn't eat the stuff the guy in the kitchen churns out!

yes that place is pretty grim. Only went in once to order a takeaway -- asked them if they could do a vegetable fried rice (it wasn't on the menu) but got told in no uncertain terms that they couldn't by the sour-faced middle aged woman behind the counter. customer service how are ya, definitely one to avoid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

GAN wrote:
    yes that place is pretty grim. Only went in once to order a takeaway -- asked them if they could do a vegetable fried rice (it wasn't on the menu) but got told in no uncertain terms that they couldn't by the sour-faced middle aged woman behind the counter. customer service how are ya, definitely one to avoid

That would have been Kim... She's okay, but comes across as VERY angry! But she's not at all.... She's very friendly if you start a conversation with her!

Still, it's a family favourite of the in-laws, but needs a refurb very badly!

We got a flyer in the letterbox from Scent Garden the other day so we ordered from them. Getting the order in was an ordeal... The girl taking the order was very difficult to understand on the phone and she had difficulty understanding us, so after about 10 mins on the phone we ended up having to Fax our order in!!!!

Food was okay but unless you specifically want thai, you'd be better off sticking to the Royal Park (next to McCauley's).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

That would have been Kim... She's okay, but comes across as VERY angry! But she's not at all.... She's very friendly if you start a conversation with her!

Still, it's a family favourite of the in-laws, but needs a refurb very badly!

We got a flyer in the letterbox from Scent Garden the other day so we ordered from them. Getting the order in was an ordeal... The girl taking the order was very difficult to understand on the phone and she had difficulty understanding us, so after about 10 mins on the phone we ended up having to Fax our order in!!!!

so you can order takeaway from them? might give it a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The food is great, but just be ready for the lenghty ordering process!

Apparently something to do with being put on a database so they don't have to get your details again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

Had dinner in 3 Qs last night. Have to say it was the best food we've had in Greystones. All dishes have a real twist to them. The bill was reasonable. Without a doubt we'll definitely be going back

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wifey

Thats great to know, been thinking of going. How is it comfort wise, it was really small & cramped when it was Baker j's. Is there a full drinks menu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

Loads of space compared to before. they only serve wine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

Have got a take away twice fom Scent Garden and each time the food (Thai) was great. Even better was the fact that they throw in free Tiger beer. 6 bottles the first time and 2 bottles last night, it depends on the size of your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wifey

FVC wrote:
    Have got a take away twice fom Scent Garden and each time the food (Thai) was great. Even better was the fact that they throw in free Tiger beer. 6 bottles the first time and 2 bottles last night, it depends on the size of your order.

Wow, We spent nearly 60 there last week for takeaway ( a few of us & wanterd to try different things, we didnt get anything free!!:( , ah well maybe next time. but the food is good, and tastes VV fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

did you get it delivered or did you collect it ?

If you got it delivered then there are two possible scenarios - the driver drank your free beer or Scent Garden won't give it to the drivers as they reckon the drivers will just keep it

Advertisement