Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Battery Light

Options
  • 15-03-2006 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

hey guys

While driving to work this morning the battery light stayed on. The speedo reading and and the rev clock were all over the place as well.

What could be causing this , is it safe to drive the car ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

golfdiva wrote:
    hey guys

While driving to work this morning the battery light stayed on. The speedo reading and and the rev clock were all over the place as well.

What could be causing this , is it safe to drive the car ?
    Battery/Alternator or belt most likely.
    Its safe to drive but it might die on you very soon. Have you tried to start it since you parked up this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

It seems to be restarting fine but the light is staying on.
    I had the battery disconnected for a couple of hours last nite would this be causing the light to come on in some way?
    could the car die while I am driving ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

golfdiva wrote:
    It seems to be restarting fine but the light is staying on.
    I had the battery disconnected for a couple of hours last nite would this be causing the light to come on in some way?
    could the car die while I am driving ?
    maybe when you connected the battery back on, you could have made a bad connection. Might explain why the gauges are jumping all over the place. if you have a bad connection, the voltage could be coming in & out

Advertisement