Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dress..a bit too much.

• 15-03-2006 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭

bought this dress on ebay for less than €100 incl. postage and package.

i doubt i will ever wear it , unless i get married, or go to the oscars...i just went a bit mad on the whole bidding thing..

do you think it would be a bit much for a debs dress (been so long since my own).

would i have a problem selling it on and making a profit?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

what size is it? Its gorgeous - if i ever have an occassion to wear it I'll buy it.

Debs should see a buyer for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

uk 12, waist 27" - 28"
    i really like it but like i said i dont think i'll ever have anywhere to wear it....ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

You could try a theatre company - very Cinderella-esque if you ask me ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

its v v pretty i cant see you having a problem selling on - either as debs ad the other suggested or sell it back on ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Extremely pretty, think it might be a bit much for a debs now as they seem to wear more cocktail type dresses now!! Would appear to be something that a bride might wear - would say that you would have no probs in selling on for that kind of thing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Buy tickets to the Trinity ball or else pm me. I might buy it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

what a gorgeous dress, really stunning.
    would you not keep it, you never know when you might wear it!
    if you do sell it it should be easy to sell, ebay again or even try the buy and sell for a local sell. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's gorgeous. But yeah it's really not something you want to be wearing when crouched down pissed in a doorway somewhere munching on a kebab at 6am in the morning ;)

I'm sure you can find some suitable occasion to wear it though. Have a dress unveiling party ;)

well when it arrives i'll have to try it on, if it looks as nice on i might keep it, if i look like a frump in it i'll sell it. (i dont look like the girl in the pic u know!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Femmy wrote:
    .i just went a bit mad on the whole bidding thing..

I`ve been there!, always filled with regret. Its a very nice dress

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Unless you have a waist the size of the model that dress is just gonna look hideous.

Unless you have a waist the size of the model that dress is just gonna look hideous.
    yeah i know! i'm a size 12 and only about 5.4, so it prob will look quite hideous, but sure, i prob wont have a problem selling it on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭dundalk cailin

i bought a dress in the sales,down from 110 to 40,ill try to get a pic up..its like a debs dress,but knee length. Dark red and black,with spaghetti straps,kinda lacey net just on the bottom.just had to buy it as i was lusting after it before the sales!! so i may be looking to sell it too if i dont have an occasion to wear it.
    Femmy,that dress is gorge,could pass for a debs dress,quite original. quite a steal at less than a 100,id say u could sell it on

Advertisement