Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"PreApproved Loans" Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 15-03-2006 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Does anyone else think that these junk mail "preapproved loans" from Bank of Ireland are disgusting?
    I got one through the door yesterday, 11.2%, plus the option of a "payment protection" option at a ludicrously high premium.
    It is bad enough that Irish Banks make a fortune through squalid, crowded, understaffed branches, over-the-top charges and not paying interest on current accounts, but this cheap loan sharking operation is especially disgusting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i got that before for a loan for something like 11000 euro at 11%, i rang them for the laugh and said i wanted it and that another bank wa offer less than 6 for car finance as i want to buy a car and she said bring in paperwork of other bank and they will match it or even do it cheaper. its ot a bad idea as now i know how to bargain with banks.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I thought this "pre-approval" lark was stopped by the regulator?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

BrianD wrote:
    I thought this "pre-approval" lark was stopped by the regulator?

thats what i thought but i donot think bank of ireland know that as i just got a letter that my credit card limit has been increased as i am valued customer:cool: .But i thought they were not allowed to do this

Advertisement