Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HOF Ceremony v Wrestlemania event

• 15-03-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Blatantly stolen off another site but if the WWE put both of them seperately on ppv at the same price, which would you order?

Which would you order? 9 votes

WrestleMania XXII
    0% 0 votes
    The Hall of Fame 2006
    77% 7 votes
    Both
    0% 0 votes
    Neither
    22% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Just Wrestlemania. HOF is a tad boring to be honest.

Of course, the way the Mania card looks at the moment, Im not sure thats even a decent purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm looking forward to the hall of fame more. Bret Harts speech and the Eddie Guererro's induction will have more meaning and heart than anything on the ppv. Plus the other 3 inductees, particuliary Verne Gagne should be really interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

the wrestlemania card doesn't look too bad ... angle v orton v rey ... could be a classic ... jbl v benoit again has the makings of a great match, jbl has improved over the last while, as has undertaker and mark henry.

money in the bank could be another classic ... there's nothing on this card to match the low of big show v akebono

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Mark Henry and great matches don't go together. I think putting Benoit with JBL is wasting Benoit.

It'll be a good show but I think as wrestlemania cards go over the last few years, theres not really anything I'm dieing to see. Rey v Angle v Orton could be really great but the way the Orton/ Rey feud played out leaves me kind of empty about the whole thing.

You could put up with Akenbono v Big Show when you knew you were going to see Angle V Michaels, Taker V Orton, Rey V Eddie and even Big Dave v Triple H which had a really good build up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

am i right in thinking the IC belt won't be defended, my god why don't they just dump it in a bin on live tv, two WMs in a row

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ thats a joke alright. They are pushing the US title on SD to the nth degree, so why not the same with the IC belt.

I was looking at a few old DVDs over the last few weeks, and some of the fueds surrounding the IC title were top class. Most notably here would have been Austin and Rock, but also, HHH and Rock another time, Jericho, Angle and Benoit, before that Austin fueding with Owen Hart, Bret with the Bulldog, Bret with Mr Perfect, and the list goes on.

Now excuse me if Im wrong, but was the IC title defended at WM20? I have a feeling it wasnt, so this year is 3 in a row. Now that i tink of it, the belt wasnt even around for WM19.

It is bad booking by the wwe, as the IC title used to be huge, and there was always a huge Wrestlemania match, sometimes second only in anticiaption to the WWF title match. Now, it is nothing more than an empty vessel. Nice to have, but not really worth striving for. Even in the recent long reigns, there has been no real decent fued. Orton never had a solid fued when he held it, before ridiculously dropping it to Edge and going to win the WHC 5 weeks later. Shelton had it for about 8 months I think, and I struggle to remember even one match he had with it onthe line, much less a fued.

But this is indictaive of the wwe now. No fued is really allowed build unless it involves a high mid carder, or main eventer. The only exception to this rule in recent times is Finlay and Lashley, and you can count on a shít pay-off to that. WWE needs mid card fueds again to add glamour to its entire roster. We should be going into a Wrestlemania to see a number of fueds coming to their climax, instead, we are being force fed sub standard, contrived crap.

The card is almost fully dependant on 2 matches - the 3 way, and HHH Cenas expected yawnfest.

The MITB is looking poor already, and besides, its been done, and was screwed up by how Edge used it, making it almost an afterthought this year, to see how they can fit in as many wrestlers to the card as possible with minimum storyline efforts.

Vince Vs HBK? Anyone else find this dull as dishwater? Talk about contrived fueds? And the reasoning for it - Vince is jealous of Shawns "inner peace". What a bullshjt storyline.

Edge and Foley would be a decent Vengeance match, or Raw main event, but at Wrestlemania? Screw that. FFS, EDGE was chapion for 14 days recently, now he is in a horrible fued with a has been, overweight Foley.

About the only half decent fued in the run up to Mania is Benoit and JBL, which IMO will be the match of the night. But to be honest, even this build up looks poor. Benoit should really be facing Booker at Mania, as these two have chemistry, and the build up to the NWO bout was great, culminating in a fantastic match. Had they let it simmer a tad longer, this would have been a huge draw. Not to mention it would have Booker in a great fued going to mania for a change.

There will most likely be no Cruiserweight match, and if there is, it will be another godawful 10 man CW open, or free for all, or whatever stupid name they give it this time.

At least the tag titles will be defended in a semi decent fued. There are so many good variables for this match. Show and Kane sound very volatile, and we all know Masters and Carlito co-existence has been strained at recent PPVs. This shhould also be a good one.

All in all this years Mania looks like crap, which is a damn shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

you're right about it being three manias in a row it's last appearance was at wmX8
    wwe site wrote:
    Intercontinental Championship
    Rob Van Dam def. William Regal to become new champion
    although i think beofre wm XIX trip had defeated Kane the IC champ to amlgamate the IC title into the WHC title ( i could be worng on the dates here)
    but most else of what you're saying is dead on.
    i like HBK but i'm so uninterested in his WM feud with vince, he should face facts if he had been good enough he would have been a wwrestler, mcmahon has had some decent matches in the past but he's throwing himself into big ones a little too often, (HHH, Austin and Hogan)
    and as for edge and foley, we know the outcome of this, edge beats foley, if he doesn't it's a further setback,
    1. transitionla champ
    2. loses to a has been for no purpose, foley is retired so can do nothing with the push a win would garner.
    i lik efoley but i think edge should be mixing it up with HHH for the belt instead of having the game wrestle slim shady.

edit yep just checked it oin late 2002 about 5 months befreWM XIX trip amalgamated the title into the WHC by beating kane

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

the lead up to mania really seems as bad as a mae young boob job. hhh cena predictable yawnfest but would have been very easy to build up ala cena v lesnar. rey angle orton has great potential but the way they've been building it up it seems to be a handicap match with rey & angle v orton. unless they've something big in mind for sat night main event? benoit jbl talk about the biggest waste of talent ever. i know i have my own favs but come on when are we going to see benoit angle iron man submission match as top billing at mania. nothing would ever be abe to come close to this. as for the ic title i think they should throw it in the mix with the mitb match ala a tna match recently. 2 cases one empty one with a contract but switch it so one is belt one is contract. as far as vince hbk they've tried a few different approaches to this but each one is shot or let down with bret then austin then jennetty. i think the best they could do now is have a tag match with shane & vince v hbk & mystery partner at mania & have a masked man keep running in to help hbk until he's finally unmasked at mania. be funny to use bischoff. as for cruiserweights i think they're going to surprise us with either a 1-1 or a three way dance at mania. [possibly wishful thinking] last one i can think of is the womas belt trish v ? my moneys on a bad match with candice due to her playboy exposure. and after all that all i got to say is roll on june 11th so i can start screaming HOLY ****!!! again with ECW ONS.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

I'd say 'Mania,only coz I'm going hehe! Oh and Raw the next night too,should be savage! :D

Advertisement