Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galwegian Girl Looking for computer work

Options
  • 15-03-2006 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

anyone looking for typing work done, computer literate basic programming skills quick learner available for work 20-25ish per hour in galway county.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

laluna wrote:
    anyone looking for typing work done, computer literate basic programming skills quick learner available for work 20-25ish per hour in galway county.

wait your lookin for how much and you still can't get the tags right on your sig! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

Just missed a good opertunity on this one http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054898989

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Wait - you looking for 25 euro an hour....?! That's not exactly going to happen asking for a job on boards. :D

edit: Or happen anywhere in the world for just doing typing jobs :D

HavoK wrote:
    Wait - you looking for 25 euro an hour....?! That's not exactly going to happen asking for a job on boards. :D

edit: Or happen anywhere in the world for just doing typing jobs :D

25*8*5*52=52000 a year ... roughly speaking ... for typing and basic programming ... :eek:

I'm most definitely in the wrong job :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

For 25 an hour I have some computer work. Involves a webcam, mind. And some costumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

maybe its a typo. Instead of
    20-25ish per hour
    it should be
    20-25ish hours
    ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭laluna

typo 15 euro an hour

laluna wrote:
    typo 15 euro an hour

The mind boogles.

laluna wrote:
    typo 15 euro an hour
    laluna wrote:
    quick learner available for work 20-25ish per hour in galway county.

so its 20-15ish per hour ? ... strange typo

giving a professional typist would have 60+ words a minute ?

60 words a minute x 1 hour = 3600 words an hour

1500/3600 = .42 cents a word .. not bad I guess ... ME .. I like sums I do :)

As has already been mentioned either on this thread or another please fix your sig :)
    laluna wrote:
    quick learner
    or else its just false advertising :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Ah give her a break - we all get the occasional rush of blood to the head.....& I suppose its better aim high than to scrabble low ;)

Laluna move on - they'll soon find a new target for their ultra witty barbs, & best of luck with the job hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

no, these are just moderately smart pricks.

SyxPak wrote:

apologies then ...

I already recommended she move it to the appropriate forum ... ?? the first reply.

Therefore its up to her / the mods to move it along ? I don't believe this is the correct place to advertise services or can I start as well ?

The advice about the signature is valid advice and was already given by someone else if you're advertising typing services / quick learner and you've a typo in your sig isn't it in your own best interest to fix that up asap and "learn" from the mistake ?

edit: unless of course its an in joke I'm just not getting :)

A typo is a typo ... 20 - 25 is not 15 ... its 20 - 25 ... its not a typo don't try to pretend its something its not .. unless it was meant to be 15 - 25 in which case I apologise

and no doubt I'll be back posting in this forum after the ban ends :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

SyxPak wrote:

Because you can multiply and divide?

I'd call ye sad pricks tbh, but each to their own :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

laluna wrote:
    computer literate basic programming skills quick learner available for work 20-25ish per hour in galway county.

try Intec Billing, up in IDA Business Park in Dangan, just finished 6 month contract there, basic software testing, brain dead work, 195eur per day.

JohnCleary wrote:
    I'd call ye sad pricks tbh, but each to their own :D

I'd call us that as well tbh :) but I was just curious as I know a fair few translators and what they charge for translations so I was just curious given they have to type out the translations and usually manage about 2000 words a day

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

SyxPak wrote:

even me?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

ambasite wrote:
    try Intec Billing, up in IDA Business Park in Dangan, just finished 6 month contract there, basic software testing, brain dead work, 195eur per day.

You're just kidding with 195/day, aren't you???

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

To clarify: I was joking about the smart pricks comment. It was a play on words from Raiser's "witty barbs".
    It has a double-entendre quality, but was largely off the cuff smile.gif

I was about to lock this thread, but ambasite rescued it from the maw of stagnation.

SyxPak wrote:
    To clarify: I was joking about the smart pricks comment. It was a play on words from Raiser's "witty barbs".
    It has a double-entendre quality, but was largely off the cuff

:o now you tell us :D completely missed that one I must say ... and usually I'm fairly sharp

• Advertisement

Duras wrote:
    You're just kidding with 195/day, aren't you???

No, check through CPL & Insight recruitment.

ambasite wrote:

195 a day for someone with basic typing and programming skills...?? Sounds a bit hard to believe...what is it, one day a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

ambasite wrote:
    I didn't see anything close to that out there... but maybe I don't know where too look.:confused:

Duras wrote:
    I didn't see anything close to that out there... but maybe I don't know where too look.:confused:

Our client a leading Software QA Consultancy company requires Software Test Engineers for 12 month contracts based in Galway.

You will have 2-3 yrs experience working in a structured test environment ideally with Telco experience.

Excellent working environment and their is also potential for permanent roles.

Contact Information :.
    Donal Barrett
    donal.kingston@iol.ie
    Kingston Recruitment Ltd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Whats the company name?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭galway008

Intec

Advertisement