Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards.ie slow to navigate and launch

Options
  • 15-03-2006 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭

I thing boards.ie is great , and have been recomending to loads of my mates .One problem , i find it very slow to completly load from IE , in comparison to other sites. Also can be very slow navigating to different topics or links within boards.ie. Any reason for this ? I use broadband, and sometimes launching it , can be like on a dial up modem .otherwise great site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think there have been some problems with the servers recently. Have you tried browsing with Firefox?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

no - i mainly use IE - but if it is recomended, and would be faster , then i can switch over when using boards - as i have FF installed -

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

These posts about servers being slow are worrying; I haven't noticed the slowdown myself. Is it certain times during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,690 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

seems slower at night , maybe there is more usage after 7 ! The 2 probs i have , is it sometimes seams to hang when you initially go to site . I have seen this happening on a few smaller sites , but most sites launch fairly quickly now with broadband. The other problem , is when you are on boards and you swith to a different topic , site seams to hang . It is kind of annoying as it looks like browser is crashing. If you are getting a lot more traffic , it could be a network or server problem , where you may need to upgrade the server you are using, or maybe software, database may need upgrading, to cope with extra traffic.

Advertisement