Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a tattoo?

Options
  • 15-03-2006 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Ive been thinking a lot about it lately and I really want to get one, the thing is ive been looking at a lot of pictures and its so hard to decide what to get. It has to be good because ill be stuck with it all my life! I wanted something for my lower back but not to big, maybe a skull or a dragon something that will stand out. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas and whats the best place to go thats not too expensive? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

First things is bigger is better, personally i find skulls and all that evil sort of stuff just too cliche and kind of tacky but thats just me. As for expense that should be the last thing on your mind as you can pay little and get crap or pay properly and get something that you'll be happy with forever. Remember a tattoo is for life unlike those puppies you get for x-mass :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i always liked tattoos but i never searched for a idea i just waited til something popped into my head and wouldnt leave me til i actually needed to get it done. i think its the ppl who walk in and look around and just decide there or by looking around til they find something that'll "suit" are the ones that could be left disliking their tat in a couple of years. you shouldnt get something as lasting as a tattoo just to have a tattoo. its a further way of expressing your style/ideas/beliefs/personality/self using your body

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I have to agree, you would be better off designing something that has meaning to you. not just something that looks good at the time. Do a rugh design and walk into most tattoo shops and they will do some touchups if needed or wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I can normally tell a self-designed tattoo from a mile off, because most people dont have an eye for art and design rubbish, go to an artist with an outline idea and let them apply their profession to it, what makes anyone think they can do a better job artistically than an artist? If you are happy with the tattoo then fair enough but for longevity you should let the tattoo artist do their thing, that's my 2C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

Totally agree, best thing to do is find an artist whose work you like tell them what you want then let them do their thing. Works best as you get a truly unique tattoo and they get to do a decent piece of art. If that doesn't agree i can design one for you :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement