Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ch-Ch-Changes (of car)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

That was a joke, GM.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looked briefly at a 1994 e200, sadly it was a manual but in good nick inside and out, reasonable milage 135,000.

Tomorrow I'll see if I can check out another example but auto in Kilkenny.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Not true, i drive a 97 W210, it has never let me down.

Its over-engineered in many departments, but its a damn fine car to drive!

The rust issue is overstated, not all W210's rust.

Most of these issue occur in cars built post 99-2000 (facelift models).

Aye, My parents drive an w210 E240 Avantgarde, Its a damn fine car still ( 99' ) And goes like the clappers. Anyway, I am just stating about the W210, I don't know where this rust issue is coming from, First I have heard of it, Parents one is in perfect nick no rust.

There is problems with it though, They got it back in 02-03 time frame... And there is always issue's with the air bags. And this is the problem with them ( w210), I have seen a few of these mercs with this issue. It has been repaired by mercedes, but keeps coming back with error's lights on dash ( Lamp defective and a SRS warning Light - Almost sure ) but not affecting anything, But it causes the NCT to fail when ever it goes unless otherwise fixed. Its between the Air Bag system and a rear door light, That has not been discovered nor can they. It Is conflicting with the Electronic system. It has now been sorted for once and hasn't seemed to appear again.

But overall, Its a VERY nice car to be in and absoloute no mechanical issue's since they got it. Only that 1 electrical problem.

But I'd say the W210 is out of you're price range, But I thought I would just state that.

Hj

Advertisement