Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mike Patton gets odder

• 15-03-2006 4:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

Ipecac's site was updated with a supposed tracklisting for the Peeping Tom album. It being Mike Patton this could very well be a joke or the reality. Hold me!
    Ipecac.com wrote:
    It is truly hard to beleive it is almost here!!!!
    PEEPING TOM
    The notorious project that Mike Patton has been working on for over 6 years! The mysterious leaked demos! Which label will it be on? Who are the guests? What will it sound like? Is Mike singing? Where did the Warriors season go wrong? Will they tour?
    A lot of these questions will be answered soon!!!!!!
    IPECAC RECORDINGS is proud to announce that PEEPING TOM "self titled" full length debut release will be unveiled on May 30th!
    Mike Patton will be joined by an impressive lineup of guests. Here is what you get for your hard earned cash:

1) Five Seconds (featuring Odd Nosdam)
    2) Mojo (featuring Rahzel and Dan the Automator)
    3) Don't Even Trip (featuring Amon Tobin)
    4) Getaway (featuring Kool Keith)
    5) Your Neighborhood Spaceman (featuring Jel and Odd Nosdam)
    6) Kill The DJ (featuring Massive Attack)
    7) Caipirinha (featuring Bebel Gilberto)
    8) Celebrity Death Match (featuring Kid Koala)
    9) How U Feelin? (featuring Doseone)
    10) Sucker (featuring Norah Jones)
    11) We're Not Alone (featuring Dub Trio)

Does this record really exist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭kkposse

Peeping Tom to support Guns n Roses in RDS - Please somebody make it happen, it would be like slane 92 all over again :D Mike Patton Rules!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

i just read that over on smn. lookin forward to hearing it, Mike Patton IS the shizzle, im just hopin its not one of his more electronic forrays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

kkposse wrote:
    Peeping Tom to support Guns n Roses in RDS - Please somebody make it happen, it would be like slane 92 all over again :D Mike Patton Rules!!

*shudders at the thought that John2 might have to pay to see Guns'n'Roses in order to see Peeping Tom*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Arucard wrote:
    im just hopin its not one of his more electronic forrays

afaik it will be primarily-electronic with some crazy beats and a bit of live music added too.

he got norah jones to cuss on a record :o
    John2 wrote:
    *shudders at the thought that John2 might have to pay to see Guns'n'Roses in order to see Peeping Tom*

seconded

i was afraid of that :p
    still, it will be worth the listen, Patton is always interesting at least!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Norah Jones ain't good. I gotta disagree with General Patton on that decision. Maybe he had her do some crazy vocals though. Remains to be seen.
    Yeah, I eagerly await this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

Norah Jones ain't good. I gotta disagree with General Patton on that decision.

Something tells me Mike Patton agrees with you,I think its a joke he put up.Notice massive attack with "Kill the DJ".Its the kind of thing he seems to do like his take on Californication by the Crappy Peppers!!
    He is hilarious but a little too insane at times!

i think a little is an understatement. this is the man who nearly got in trouble for "ejaculating" on a bouncer with an ejaculating strap on dildo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Black hole sun

Arucard wrote:
    i think a little is an understatement. this is the man who nearly got in trouble for "ejaculating" on a bouncer with an ejaculating strap on dildo!

Or had an unfortunate hobby of leaving **** in the strangest places in hotel rooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Black hole sun

of thing he seems to do like his take on Californication by the Crappy Peppers!!
    He is hilarious but a little too insane at times!

Is it possible to download Mr bungles covers of the red hot ****ty peckers anywhere.That would be sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Well what do people think!!!!
    I have to say after the wait I am slighly disappointed.
    There are about 6-7 great songs on it, the rest just get on my tits.
    I think this is Pattons "pop" album.

I like Sucker, Norah Jones sounds like a right hoor rather than her usual moany cow crap.

Still happy to hear Pattons voice all the same, he is still a God...................but it's no Bungle!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I think it's class!
    It's a big change from the usual Fantomas and Tomahwak stuff, but nevertheless still really good.
    It was him going for a more "pop" approach and I think he did that really well (in his own twisted Patton way).
    I'd love the day if I ever heard any of Peeping Tom on national radio, hehehe.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

nothing this man does has any concept of 'reality' these days anyway

ooh good job resurrecting this thread :p

i really enjoy the peeping tom album, it was worth the wait (i'm a bit of a patton freak).

just in case you're interested, the "peeping tom" project is supposed to be a trilogy of albums, so there is more to come from this.

mike patton & danny devito chat
    mojo video (featuring danny devito and that model who was married to rod stewart or whoever)

I haven't bought it yet. I didn't hear promising reports from anyone I know who did get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

I heard most of the tracks on Peeping Tom's myspace page. As a big fan of Patton, I liked it.

Do you think it's in shops in this country?

Yeah, it's everywhere for the past 3-4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Mike Patton is a SEX GOD!!! Sorry. Had to get that in!

yeah, none of my female friends know who he is, which is a disgrace, but two gay friends of mine have confirmed his hotness!! :p
    tho with videos like Ashes to Ashes, i had guessed. for me, he's no more than a music god, tho a fantastic music god at that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I saw Mike at Fantomas. He's about the height of my knees :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

just in case you're interested, the "peeping tom" project is supposed to be a trilogy of albums, so there is more to come from this.

mike patton & danny devito chat
    mojo video (featuring danny devito and that model who was married to rod stewart or whoever)

A trilogy?
    w00t.
    Can't wait to hear more.

Patton = God <3 Haha.

Arucard wrote:
    Ashes to Ashes

Just checked that out on Youtube. Mmmmm!

hehe. told ya ;)
    i'd make a fantastic man pimp :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I have just noticed they are playing the Astoria on July 17th.
    Boooo
    No Irish Date.

Arucard wrote:
    hehe. told ya ;)
    i'd make a fantastic man pimp :D

Arucard, I believe you have a calling...

LightofDarkness, ruin the illusion, why don't ya? ;)

I saw Mike at Fantomas. He's about the height of my knees :p

he's not THAT short, but he's not tall either. look at the danny devito vid i linked, he doesn't have to crouch down that much to hug danny at all :p

Advertisement