Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie 1st Linux Meet-up

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

The Glenside is a great size. I was at meetings there years back
    for a Classic Bike owners club, and there was plenty room.

NiallB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 crassus

Is there free pints going ??? It would radically increase the attendence of that Im sure !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

one things I meant to say its free from monday to friday.. sat + sun would probably cost a few quid... I think its about €150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Sounds good. Who's up for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

How about a Thursday evening... 7pm till 11pm? first thursday of every month perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

:( Can't make Thursday evenings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Sorry to interfere with your discussions, but I'm from the other side of the country and will never be able to make it to UCD...

I have a genuine/strong interest in Linux and would love to be a part of LUG but cant attend the meetings. What do I do? Can I get involved in any way?

Hi nevf unfortunately our LUG didn't get off the ground. We had two meetings and fizzled out :(

Try and find others in your area that are interested and get together. Post in these forums for ppl in your area to try and meet up etc. Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

that's a shame...it was such a good idea...

Well, there's plenty of people I can find in my area that are interested and I'm have someone that would help me find people...

• Advertisement

Good luck with that. I think if you start with a small core of ppl and determine what direction and focus you want the group to take before expanding.

Advertisement