Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sitting in the library bored and watching...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

sangre - can i hear the story behind the quote in your sig?

*sits down with legs crossed*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Umaro wrote:
    sangre - can i hear the story behind the quote in your sig?
    If you want to know the reason behind it, PM him.

Don't highjack other ppl's threads... Just makes ya look like a spammer/troll/d1ck...

Unless o course u got a story of ur own from the library - as long as some of a post is on-topic, ya can pretty much say what ya like!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Sangre wrote:
    Was sitting beside quite a hot blonde one today studying some joke course like Art appreciation. Spent the whole time looking at pretty pictures while I had to sit surrounded by law texts, journals and reports.

Joke, yea of course!!! Well jamise boy cant be taking it too serious urself seen as u needed 2 years out to complete a 3 year course urself. But sure who am I to judge. I just study Art History......... (That could never lead to anything)......... if I actually continue on I will get myself banned but sangre **** ***

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

good luck with the job hunt tintinr35

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Font 22...dignity...Mutually exclusive tbh.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote:
    good luck with the job hunt tintinr35

Thanks,
    But somehow I think ill be fine! Seen as I could have a masters and an M.litt in the time it takes YOU to get a law degree, or go working for any of the private or state museums and get paid better than a trainee solicitor or for that matter advance up the pay scale quicker and better than a solicitor due to the specific qualifications a HOA degree holder has, with a better prospect of advancement in the industry on a higher pay scale than a solicitor

anyway enough about this think we should get back on topic!!

really not lookin foward to going in there so early, haven been yet this week but is it packed already

Pfft... Hasn't been packed while I've been there...

...altho maybe I just clear out the joint with my distinctive 'aroma'.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

tintinr35 wrote:
    Thanks,
    But somehow I think ill be fine! Seen as I could have a masters and an M.litt in the time it takes YOU to get a law degree,
    Didn't you already take 2 years out for a 3 year degree? Last time I checked its only taking me 3 years to do my law degree.

plus your 2 EXTRA years!
    its gonna take me 4 instead of 3! i didnt take any years out tho! (repeated one)

not the time or the place tho if u want to know that just PM me get bak on topic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

tintinr35 wrote:
    plus your 2 EXTRA years!
    its gonna take me 4 instead of 3! i didnt take any years out tho! (repeated one)

not the time or the place tho if u want to know that just PM me get bak on topic

Tintin.....sangre isnt REALLY james Carroll-it twas just a joke!
    Im gonna do what samos suggesteed and smile at everyone today and spread a bit of panda love!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

panda100 wrote:
    spread a bit of panda love!
    Is that like monkey love? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

panda100 wrote:
    Im gonna do what samos suggesteed and smile at everyone today and spread a bit of panda love!

At last, my ideas are catching on... any more disciples for the insincere-but-hopeful-smiles cult?!

And isn't Sangre in BBLS, which takes four years?

I might even say that the library is one of the worst places to study due to all the distractions, noise and discomfort. I only go there if I need a reference book or if I feel the desire to look at hot people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Thats why Im out in blackrock-nice and quiet,free ballygowan water,nice comfy chairs,nice eye candy.What more could a girl want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I was quite smitten by a beautiful woman in the library yesterday. I was hoping she would sit next to me, as she appeared to be seeking a study place... but no, she sat next to a hunky, atlethic, no facial hair type... I was devastated for at least 10 minutes... I suppose I will never find Ms. Right whilst I am in college....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

panda100 wrote:
    Thats why Im out in blackrock-nice and quiet,free ballygowan water,nice comfy chairs,nice eye candy.What more could a girl want!

You should go a little past the library at Blackrock, up the little set of stairs, and into the lecture theatre on the left: this room has the most comfotable brown leather seats with armrests and sockets at each of the spacious desks, and alot more quiet than the library...

panda100 wrote:
    ah well if he was i would have been right!!!

im watching all the little 6years get snowed on!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Easygainer

Samos wrote:
    You should go a little past the library at Blackrock, up the little set of stairs, and into the lecture theatre on the left: this room has the most comfotable brown leather seats with armrests and sockets at each of the spacious desks, and alot more quiet than the library...

Guys, you're missing the point. Pre-exam study has to be done in the main library because you get to see people panicking. It's that pressure, that air of anxiety that you need to buzz off.

How great is it to hear someone say "I know nothing about this topic" at which point you interject with an irrelevant fact/question (eg God, and Lord Russell did this in the Parnell trial...). This also works great pre-exam. Remember - exams are marked on a curve so you don't have to be great, just better than the people in your exam ;)

As for the eye candy, I'm sitting in the epicentre of it all, just off the catwalk where social science and law combine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Samos wrote:
    And isn't Sangre in BBLS, which takes four years?

He wishes....but unfortunately for him, he's in Law.....(cue Law v. B&L Debate!)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Easygainer wrote:
    Guys, you're missing the point. Pre-exam study has to be done in the main library because you get to see people panicking. It's that pressure, that air of anxiety that you need to buzz off.
    But then, you get to see that the horrible D4 bitch in your class has 5 times as many notes as you and seems to be ripping through problems with absolute confidence... or as much confidence that shows through the mask of makeup!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I can relate to sangre's example of books/notes with lots of pretty pictures better, the brainy orange D4 girl is too much for my mind to handle:confused:

• Advertisement

Bah, back in the day when I used to be a maths geek, I was in a stats class with all the actuaries, and all the girls were like that. Smart *and* orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

*shudder*

But then, you get to see that the horrible D4 bitch in your class has 5 times as many notes as you and seems to be ripping through problems with absolute confidence... or as much confidence that shows through the mask of makeup!

I've never experienced this phenomenon.

You're lucky! It's f*cking scary!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I couldn't take my eyes off hullaballoo's ass earlier. Thanks for pointing him out, TheVan.

You're lucky! It's f*cking scary!

Where's your sense of pride, man! Good looking girls who work are my motivation for working harder! The more I'm here (in library) the more I see of them :p

Easygainer wrote:
    Where's your sense of pride, man! Good looking girls who work are my motivation for working harder! The more I'm here (in library) the more I see of them :p
    For the last time, rainbowkirby's a girl...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

SebtheBum wrote:
    For the last time, rainbowkirby's a girl...
    Debatable....

j/k!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

I couldn't take my eyes off hullaballoo's ass earlier. Thanks for pointing him out, TheVan.

Eh wtf??

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

W00t! I <3 Lesbians!

Advertisement