Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

(moped question) would it be possible to..

• 15-03-2006 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Anyone know if it would be possible to run a small soundsystem on a 50cc moped? a small amp and two small speakers,like two speakers from the front of a car.

If so what would be involved in connecting the amp to the battery?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Scoops

Yes it's possible, I've seen it done on Vespas. but you won't be able to hear it while your driving above the noise of the moped and other trafffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Surely you'd need marine grade speakers (plastic cones as opposed to paper) to avoid them being destroyed in the rain.

The amp would have to be well protected too, under the seat maybe?

I don't know anything about scooter anatomy, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

On a vespa you have a good size toolbox behind the leg shield. Plenty of room for your amp, speakers, and probably a seperate battery if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cb750

Slightly off thread but has anyone ever successfully fitted an ashtray to their bike ?

Patrick :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

cb750 wrote:
    Slightly off thread but has anyone ever successfully fitted an ashtray to their bike ?

Patrick :rolleyes:

They come as standard on some bikes in the US (to prevent one from starting a forest fire with the discarded cigarette end).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 cb750

OK I guess I asked for that answer :D

You see, I couldn't see a use for a sound system nor an ashtray on a bike but now I see there is a use for an ashtray as no biker would want to be seen harming the environment ;)

Patrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

I got an ashtray on mine. Also got an air freshner. (really)
    Course its possible to put a sound system on a bike. Pan Euros, Wings, Beemers all have em.
    If you can find a place to mount the speakers up front (im sure theres a good spot on most scooters) it would work much better.
    Why would you want a sound system on a bike? Same reason you want to make a Hyabusa go faster... Or try to make an R1 handle better... BECAUSE YOU CAN!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭deadbeat

yeah ive got a good spot for the speakers and id probably put the amp in the seat..my main questions are would a standard moped battery be able to power a 50w x 2 channel amp? and would i connect the amp directly to the battery or would i need some sort of convertor/transformer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 insomniac_32

A friend of mine did this with an aerox.He had to wire up a second battery.The novelty wore off pretty fast as it was impossible to hear when driving.

• Advertisement
Advertisement