Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Wifi (Noob Question)

• 15-03-2006 5:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭

I Finally got around to ordering BB today off eircom. I'm not sure if i'm getting this right but do they only give me a wireless router and then i've to buy extra hardware myself?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I think you have to have the PCI adapters installed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If you want to use the wireless you'll need to get wireless adapter for your PC or laptop. The router also has 4 ports that you can plug into with the supplied ethernet cables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Eircom can sell you a USB Wireless adapter if you need one for a Desktop Pc ..... :confused:

Most laptops come with a Wireless ability already installed ....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I Finally got around to ordering BB today off eircom. I'm not sure if i'm getting this right but do they only give me a wireless router and then i've to buy extra hardware myself?

Thanks in advance

If you give us details of your current set up people will be able to help you more - for instance is it a laptop or a pc you are operating? If its a pc is it windows xp and do you have an ethernet card installed?

and last but not least have you read your eircom instructions re installation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

You can also get wireless USB dongles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement