Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Setting up for ADR

• 15-03-2006 6:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Right...the sound on a scene in my current project is bollex so i have to redub the scene.

Just curious about what people recommand the best way for me to do this.

I have to use a camera and a mic to record the audio.

What i was planning to do was use my university's tv studio have the scene playing without sound and have the 2 actors dub over their lines.

Elsewhere i was going to record the ambiance on a seperate track.

Is there anything i could do to make sure the quality is as high as possible.

I dont have much of a budget left so the equipment i have access to is only: university rooms (including tv studio. screening room) a boom mic, a normal mic, and a vx2000 camcorder.

AND I cannot CANNOT! reshoot the scene. I was almost arrested the last time i shot it so i cant go back to the original location. (i have thought of finding a different location but my time space is 3 weeks and i dont know if i can find a suitable replacement)

I was recently at the cambridge university film festival (cinecam) and a film i saw there had one short scene with really bad ADR and it sort of spoiled the overall film...so i'm worried about getting it right. (or as close as i can.)

Advertisement