Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quickie question - IBB sites in South Dublin

• 15-03-2006 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, can anyone tell me where IBB have base stations on the southside of Dublin? (apart from the one on Three Rock) ..... Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Theres one in Windgates Bray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

pfrench wrote:
    Hi, can anyone tell me where IBB have base stations on the southside of Dublin? (apart from the one on Three Rock) ..... Thanks

There are lots of them. Where are you at?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pfrench

Aww Sh*t ..... why didn't I think of looking there! Moron

Blaster, thanks for the reply - I am in Rockbrook, which is south of Ballyboden in the Dublin Mountains. It's a bit of a technology black hole in that its too far from the Ballyboden exchange and there is no NTL in the area. Wireless is my only option for BB.

Last week i had Digiweb out with a view to getting Metro. I don't have line of sight to Three Rock so the idea was to connect to the base station in Finglas. They were able to get a perfect signal from the house (there are clear views right across the city) so went ahead with the installation. It was only after the transeiver was on the wall of the house and the cable had been run, that they discovered it wasn't actually working - I think the distance was too great for the return signal ........ Anyway this is why i was asking about IBB sites on the south side. If there is one i can see from the house, I am pretty sure i could hook up to it.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement