Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Getting car Valeted

Options
  • 15-03-2006 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Has anybody got any advice on which meathod is best the traditional wet wash. or the or the newer Waterless meathods, for an internal valet. The Waterless will mean a dry car straight away but is it any good.
    Has anybody used this meathod???

Traditional or Waterless 3 votes

Waterless
    0% 0 votes
    Traditional
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i get my valeted often from a place called top notch in shankill, he uses some great stuff for cleaning leather seats etc and its left with no marks.it also dries very quick 10-15 mins.so i donot have the hassle to clean the car.as im lazy:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

What do ye be up to in the cars?

Never valeted mine in 160k miles. Just hoovered it and cleaned the interior the odd time with a damp rag and a bucket of suds. Always looked spotless.

i just get it hoovered, leather cleaned and also a outside wash.

i use it for moving packaging for work and also just like keeping it clean

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I find Meguiars products far superior than anything else for cleaning/polishing & waxing your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Lex Luthor wrote:
    I find Meguiars products far superior than anything else for cleaning/polishing & waxing your car.

Aren't they the viciously expensive ones that they use in concours etc?

• Advertisement

yeah Meguiars have an amazing product line, but the only problem is they are expensive but thats normal anything the is good is always expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

drdre wrote:
    ...anything the is good is always expensive.

Except Skodas! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

:)

skodas are not good.;) ,

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

maidhc wrote:
    What do ye be up to in the cars?

Never valeted mine in 160k miles. Just hoovered it and cleaned the interior the odd time with a damp rag and a bucket of suds. Always looked spotless.

This is a car I'm thinking of buying from a smoker. Just hoping a good Valet will sort it out. but your right a quick clen every few weeks is the best job

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Anyone used this waterless valet stuff?

From a bit of cursory web research, I'm a tad skeptical as it seems to link in with "get rich quick" style packages on that bastion of the noble businessman, eBay.

Advertisement