Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belkin USB Network Adapter for Desktop - weird problem.

• 15-03-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Well, after the ordeal that was my last wireless problem, some may be dreading another thread by me on this forum. (irlrobins & Saruman, I'm looking at you.)

This one is straight forward though, I think.
    I bought a Belkin USB Network Adapter for my PC to use my wireless network at home. I installed it and everything seemed fine. I connected it to the computer and it showed up the network OK. The thing is, it will not connect to it.
    I've tried through the Windows way and the Belkin software way and neither will connect to it. In Network Connections it says "Not Connected" but it can find the connection ok.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have all the settings on obtain automatically.

Thanks.
    Besty

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Firstly Belkin are ****. Just for the record.

Right, Post the results of ipconfig /all after it fails to connect.

Do you have WEP enabled on router? Have you tried the adapter on laptop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Windows IP configuration

Host Name...
    Primary Dns Suffix.............
    Node Type; Hybrid
    IP routing enabled; No
    WINS Proxy Enabled; No

Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection;

Media State; media disconnected
    Description; Belkin 54g Wireless USB Network Adapter
    Physical Address; 00-11-50-BC-C2-75

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

uninstall it and reinstall. see what happens.

TBH, think it's about time you got someone over to set up your wireless for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

irlrobins wrote:
    uninstall it and reinstall. see what happens.

TBH, think it's about time you got someone over to set up your wireless for you.

2nd that, I have to agree, Belkin are cR@p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

most of the problems I have come across with Belkin adaptors are down to the drivers included with the cards

Solved most of them by usig the latest drivers from the belkin site

their Tech support was a nightmare also

had better results using the windows wireless rather than the belkin utility also

The Belkin utitliy requires a Profile to be set up and activated before it works properly , also where you have a choice of SSID , always change any to the SSID of your router .. SSID of your router , eg CNET wireless or whatever it is

• Advertisement

Hi guys, thanks again for the suggestions.
    I left this alone earlier and came in tonight and low and behold it was working fine. Strange, anyway. Hopefully that's the end of my wireless nightmare.

Thanks again.

Not working again. I'll look for new drivers as suggested above and report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

besty wrote:
    Not working again. I'll look for new drivers as suggested above and report back.

New drivers were released in January for the HiSpeed (125Mps) version not sure about the 54g version, but by the sounds of it its not a driver issue.

Got myself a replacement Cardbus adaptor for my Belkin HiSpeed one yesterday, the Linksys WPC54G and oh my god what a difference it makes, can now actually connect to router from outside the room!!!

Would highly recommend staying outside the reach of a 40ft pole from Belkin stuff in future.:(

Advertisement