Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roma - Boro

• 15-03-2006 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Boro have somehow done quite well in UEFA Cup thus far, with only 2 goals conceeded. Can they take the one goal lead to Rome and survive the inevitable pressure tonight.

And will the trouble last night as Ultras attacked Boro fans be repeated esp if Roma should loose. And if the Italians riot will UEFA give a fvck?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I really hope Boro don't win, simply because I was going to back them when they were in the group stages! I told a friend I fancied them as an outsider and he told me to put my money where my mouth was. Unfortunately I didn't end up doing it, and they've been doing really well! :(
    They would do well to come out of this one with anything, Roma are having a good season in Serie A. Shame about the troubles, a football hasn't been kicked and already there's been 13 casualties. I hope it doesn't spiral out of control if Boro win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Don't think its on tv, is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Maybe one of the ITVs...as far as I know they have the UEFA Cup, probably ITV2 or 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its on Setanta or it should be they've been following Boro since the off. Just checked digiguide and they have nothing, but have UEFA cup football on Friday!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

31:53 GOAL - Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink
    Roma 0 - Middlesbrough 1
    Cross by Lee Cattermole (Middlesbrough), headed goal by Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Middlesbrough) (bottom-right of goal) from left side of penalty area (12 yards).Roma 0-1 Middlesbrough. Assist (cross) by Lee Cattermole (Middlesbrough) from left wing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Roma 2 - 1 Middlesborough (2-2 on aggregate)

Roma are chasing for the winning goal. Only 12 minutes remain.

Final score:

Roma 2 - 1 Middlesborough (2-2 on aggregate)

Mexes gets sent off in 92nd minute for a second yellow card offence. Congrats to Boro!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Messi? He gets around... :p

I'm pleased for Razor. I can't see them winning it though, their manager doesn't have a clue and the players don't seem to have much more of one either.

Messi? He gets around... :p
    Fixed. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Well GL to them all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well done to Boro, thats the favourites gone so maybe they can be shock winners yet!

Mike.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Big shock, I dont think many gave Boro a chance when the draw was made and the current form Roma were in. Great result but if im honest I didnt want to see them go through purely because of the awful support they get for their home matches. Shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

could be like that season they got to the league and FA cup final, lost both and got relegated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Excellent result for Boro, they have worked hard in that competition from what I have seen of them. Glad for Jimmy Floyd, he has had some career and a medal in a competition like that would be a graeat honour to wind down your career with. He has been such a consistent entertainer and always gives a good effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

congrats to boro, didn't see them getting through
    could well win it, but iirc theres one or two decent sides left in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

A. Shame about the troubles, a football hasn't been kicked and already there's been 13 casualties. I hope it doesn't spiral out of control if Boro win.

Yes, whats the story with Italian football hooligansim, it seems like England years ago. Glad for Buro and also glad at Roma's loss. I don't like the italian style of play either. Three teams of eight in CL left, I'll be rooting for the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Awful game between two awful teams, the highlight of it had to have been watching Chivu throw himself to the ground in a pathetic attempt to get a penalty and then getting injured in the process.

lol at the injured diver :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Fair play to Boro'. I really expected them to struggle tonight. I didn't get to see the game but I know they were missing Totti. Were they without Montella too or is that just me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Yeah, Montella is still injured for them. They were playing a 16yo kid up front like they did in the first leg for a bit. He is the guy that won them the penalty. Fantastic result despite the performance and now Boro have to be a good shout to get to the final!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

samb wrote:
    Yes, whats the story with Italian football hooligansim, it seems like England years ago. Glad for Buro and also glad at Roma's loss. I don't like the italian style of play either. Three teams of eight in CL left, I'll be rooting for the opposition.

Roma have always been a club with crowd trouble.

Roma Crowd Trouble

imo schalke 04 are favourites
    think they're 3rd in the german leauge (no idea how to spell its name right) at the mo

edit: im currently browsing the forum on someone else's computer and the forum appears green. is it usually this way?
    on my monitor it looks grey and blue
    maybe its green for paddy's day?

Advertisement