Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Case cooling equipment.

• 15-03-2006 8:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, is there anywhere around Dublin where you can buy water cooling gear or replacement heatsinks, fans, cases all that jazz. Or does it all have to be bought off the internet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

thanks for that, do they have a walk in store at that address? Or do you have to order online?

Also one other question, a little off topic but i didn't want to start a new thread. I've got 2 systems at home, ones got a AMD 2400+@2.2Ghz, the other has a AMD 3700+@2.2Ghz, since they are both running at the same clock speeds, whats the main difference between them?

Plus I see a lot of people on the boards with 64-bit CPUs, how many people are actually running a 64-bit OS? Is there much benefit to switching over as there doesn't seem to be a lot of S/W out there written for 64-bit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

L31mr0d wrote:
    thanks for that, do they have a walk in store at that address? Or do you have to order online?

Also one other question, a little off topic but i didn't want to start a new thread. I've got 2 systems at home, ones got a AMD 2400+@2.2Ghz, the other has a AMD 3700+@2.2Ghz, since they are both running at the same clock speeds, whats the main difference between them?

Plus I see a lot of people on the boards with 64-bit CPUs, how many people are actually running a 64-bit OS? Is there much benefit to switching over as there doesn't seem to be a lot of S/W out there written for 64-bit?

Peats or Maplins are about your only options that i can think of. Peats has a decent stock of various bits, fans, cases ect...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Peats or Maplins are about your only options that i can think of. Peats has a decent stock of various bits, fans, cases ect...
    decent ? had nothing advertised on thier site in stock when I went in yesterday, said they could get bit I needed in 10 days, I can get from the net in 3 !

when is DUblin gonna get a decent pc harware store !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

L31mr0d wrote:

the difference with the 2 cpus is 1 is 64 bit one isnt. 64bit will have an on-die memory controller and probably bigger cache also support for things like sse2 etc, all in all a faster cpu.

not many using 64bit os, not much of an improvement, i tried it and wasnt impressed, also lack of drivers for lots of hardware. also most programs/games are developed for a 32bit OS and not much gain running them on a 64bit os

• Advertisement
Advertisement