Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even Licence For Parade Approved

Options
  • 15-03-2006 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

An event licence for the St. Patricks Day Parade was last night approved by Waterford City Council.

Up to 40,000 (forty thousand) people are expected to line the streets of Waterford on the 17th of March.

This year's parade will feature floats crewed by various community groups in the city that have been sponsored by local businesses.

Councillor Jim D'Arcy?) said that the involvement of local community groups in the parade will greatly enhance this year's celebrations

While Councillor Mary Roche said it is important that Waterford maintains the high standards set by previous events such as the Tall Ships.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Hopefully be as good as ever... Without rain!

Anyone have any plans for it?

Gorbachov are playing that night in the forum, should be good. Make up for the fact I'm working all day...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭decies

Stay in bed in the morning.
    Back the gg,s and watch them lose on the tv in the afternoon.
    Not into this st patricks day crack ( ducks for cover)..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

My plan is drive to Dublin and fly to Norwich and avoid paddys day and watch us stuff Sheff Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

my plan back the ggs annoy ken with txts on his drive to dublin to see sheff utd beat the sock of norwhere. Lit the fire and read my book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

Go to parade , back the ggs , have a few bottles , collect me winnings , have a few more bottles and try not to be home too late , hopefully the Ma will keep me some dinner :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

trishw78 wrote:
    my plan back the ggs annoy ken with txts on his drive to dublin to see sheff utd beat the sock of norwhere. Lit the fire and read my book

You were saying? The texts were limited on my drive to Dublin but I concentrate on the road and not the phone. ;) Oh yeah we beat Sheff Utd 2-1. Earnie, Earnie, Earnie......

Advertisement