Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top 5 WM moments

• 15-03-2006 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Since the WWE tend to show Wrestlemania moments at this time of year, I figured it would be good to find out everybody's favourite Wrestlemania moments. Here's mine:

1. Ending to Wrestlemania 20 - I thought it was great to see Benoit finally become the World Champ and it was great to see Benoit and Eddie, two friends, there at the end. I think the death of Eddie Guerrero makes that moment even more poignant.

2. Hogan's reaction at Wrestlemania 18 - At that time The Rock was a huge star in the WWE and I can't recall him getting any boos at that point in his career so it was such a shock to see how the fans hated him that night and how they loved Hulk. It was great when he started hulking up in the match. Shame he lost...

3. Austin turns at Wrestlemania 17 - I was really shocked when Austin turned heel and joined with McMahon. I thought JR's commentary during the end of the match was great.

4. Austin passes out at WM13 to Bret's sharpshooter - I thought this was one of the best feuds the WWE ever created and I thought the ending was excellent as it hurt neither man.

5. Edge's spear on Jeff Hardy during TLC2 at WM17 - Great match and I remember I popped big time for this move!

So what are your favourite moments?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Without wanting to sound repetitive:

1. Chris Benoit and the aftermath with Eddie winning at WM20. It was everything that was right about professional wrestling and made me proud then and now to be a wrestling fan.

2.Hogan v Rock match. Its somthing that I watched live that I can't tell you how much it excited me. Re-watching it is just not the same. I've never seen a more rabid wrestling crowd like it.

3. Warror V Savage at WM7, the retirement match. Not only was the match really great but the aftermath was briliiant too with Macho and Liz getting back together and Lord Alfred going hoarse with emotion! Savage holding the rope for Elizabeth after she did it for him for so many years was a really nice touch.

I'm soft I know!

4.The staredown between Ultimate Warrior and Hogan at wrestlemania 6. The atmosphere again at the Toronto skydome was just brilliant with Warrior doing his mannerisms as Hogan did his.

5. Bret Hart beating Yokozuna at wrestlemania 10. Again I love the story to it and it really was the moment when Bret became the top guy for the company.

Honourable mentions: Hogan's slam on Andre even if the rest of the match is hard to watch and the visual of Vince McMahon peering over the ring, blood on his face looking like Satan when he fought Hogan at WM 19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

1. owen beats bret at wmX
    2. Shane o'mac coast to coast in WM X7 on vince
    3. WMX8 64,000 people chanting Hogan Hiogan (if only we knew then that he wouldn't go away)
    4. Trip tapping out to benoit at the end of WM XX (i prefer the moment he won to the actual celebration)
    5. Austin vs Bret at WM XIII

honourable mentions: the Hart Foundation vs the bolsheviks at WM XI, simple job, hopped them, hit them and set them up for the finish. and taker v kane at wmXIV, and taker v triple H wmXVII

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

hogan vs the rock wm18. sweet jaysus that was some reaction from the crowd.. and it was a good match :D the crowds reaction is what set the whole thing off for me. still have it on tape. still get chills and i can remember getting up especially to watch that match.

edge spearing jeff hardy off the ladder during wm 17

triple h vs y2j at Wrestlemania 18..... for me it was awesome moment, triple h beating y2j.... after coming back from his injury

Austin's turn along side to vince, and yeah J.R's commentry made it.... you could feel the anger and the shock.

WM 20 bentoit winning the world championship and eddie joining him in the ring :D that was awesome.

have to mention: shane's coast to coast at wm17 in his match against vince!!!!

Advertisement