Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc - can't connect online, need your help.

Options
  • 15-03-2006 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi I have a wireless home internet connection at home, based on Ntl Starter and then a netgear router, but when I try to connect I get this error message;

"Unable to transmit using UDP port 5730.
    You may need to connect directly to the internet or adjust you connection device ie. router settings etc.
    Assign DMZ, Port Mapping, Configure NAT table and other router settings to the console"

Does anyone have any clue as to what I can do? I have been wating for months to play online and would be really dissapointed if I cant get it to work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

try: www.portforward.com

You need to open or forward UDP port 5730 to play PES5 online. That site has nearly every model and make of router with info on how to forward ports on them, you should find all you need there. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

I tried that but could not get it to work,

would it be easier if I connected my laptop directly to Ntl router? through an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly through netgear router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I tried that but could not get it to work,

would it be easier if I connected my laptop directly to Ntl router? through an ethernet cable rather than wirelessly through netgear router?

Thats irrelevant still needs to get tru the port. You have to ensure the port is open. Dar83 is right you have to use either portforward.com or netgears website for the exact way to do it. Some routers admin page differ from each other even if the same router.

kdjac

But If I connect it directlt to the Ntl router, it won't have anything to do with the netgear port or will it?
    I'm sorry I am new to all of this,
    thank you for helping me.

bump, any ideas?

• Advertisement

I dont mean to sound harsh, but we've already given you the answer. It's all there, you'll just have to open the port on both.

If you do connect it to the NTL router, then you wont have anything to do with the Netgear router, no. Is the NTL router and actual router or is it just a modem? If it's a router as you say then you'll still have to open the port on that to be able to play.

SO at the moment I have to open th eport on both?

Yeah, that seems to be the first logical step. It shoudn't be too hard, just a case of ticking the right boxes, filling in the port to be forwarded and then restarting both routers.

Try it anyway and then come back if you still have problems, it should sort it out for you though. :)

Advertisement