Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband - Downtime - 45 mins tonight?

• 15-03-2006 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone elses IBB go down in Castleknock between 8 and 9 for about 45 mins tonight? Bloody annoyance.

Or am I the only one?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭pete

ciaranfo wrote:
    Anyone elses IBB go down in Castleknock between 8 and 9 for about 45 mins tonight? Bloody annoyance.

Or am I the only one?

Ballycoolin was down too, between about 20:07 & 21:03. It was down earlier this afternoon too, between 15:52 & 16:18 (the margin of error for all those times is 15 minutes)

Wonder is it related to this, because it didn't go down between 2am-3am (unless it was for less than 15 minutes):
    Dear Customer,

Due to an essential network upgrade on our core network, it is likely that you will either experience an intermittent or a full loss of service this Wednesday the 15th March 2006 between 2am – 3am, please rest assured that every effort will be made to keep downtime to a minimum.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience that this may cause but assure you that the work being performed is necessary.

Thank you for your time.

Irish Broadband Customer Services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm on the Ballycoolin mast too, and that downtime is about right.

As for last nights/this mornings downtime - 2am .. about 30 mins.

It's a farce.

ciaranfo wrote:
    I'm on the Ballycoolin mast too, and that downtime is about right.

As for last nights/this mornings downtime - 2am .. about 30 mins.

It's a farce.
    A farce? Hardly. Whatever about the drop this evening, scheduled downtime happens on all networks.

Deal with it.

I never got any notice about tonights "scheduled downtime" ? Did someone else then ?

What about the other random hours it seems to be going down for over the past few weeks ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

are we gonna get upgraded or something???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

are we gonna get upgraded or something???

For your sake I hope you dont get a speed upgrade....remember the last time!

ciaranfo wrote:
    What about the other random hours it seems to be going down for over the past few weeks ?

Here's my uptime report for the last week - my router is pinged every 15 minutes, 24/7. Outages include times when i pull the plug on my router.
    To : Mar 13 2006 12:00 AM (EU/Western)

- uptime: 99.702%
    - downtime: 30min
    - outage: 1

What do you use for that Pete ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I'm on the Ballymun mast (last I'd checked anyway) and I had this too. At least it was far shorter than the last outage.

ciaranfo wrote:
    What do you use for that Pete ?
    It's a free monitoring service from my hosting provider - it's meant to be used to monitor your service & server uptime, but I only use the HTTP monitoring for the web server & the ping test for my IBB connection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement