Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

down in albion

Options
  • 15-03-2006 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

baby shambles have this song out.What is Albion supposed to be?What's so great about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I'd imagine albion is a place, like where West Brom play, I think it's in Birmingham, probably where Dogherty is from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nah, it's Albion Rovers, who play down in the Scottish Third division :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I thought it was about Burton Albion and their heroic FA Cup result against Man Utd this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Albion is the ancient name for Britain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

Albion is the ancient name for Britain.

The poet William Blake reffered to "Albion" extensively in his work, this is probably where Doherty is getting it from.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

It's a reference to olde england, when thigs were apparently more wonderufl and magical... G'wn the pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dollyclare

I think I'll go with it being old england.:)

Advertisement