Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish dancing dresses :(

Options
  • 15-03-2006 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I can feel my bank balance going down rapidly, anyone know where to source a dress. Ebay not helping google is crap so guess theres a shop somewhere that someone knows.

thanks

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Anyone I knew who did irish dancing had thier costume made for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

A quick google for "irish dancing dress" found a billion links. But you might also ring that dance shop in Ranelagh, which is probably in the Goldeners.

Have to say I hate the whole Americanised thing of the hideous curls and the faux-Celt dresses. But if kids like them, what can you do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Buy and Sell are usually good for 2nd hand Irish dancing dresses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

luckat wrote:
    A quick google for "irish dancing dress" found a billion links. But you might also ring that dance shop in Ranelagh, which is probably in the Goldeners.

Have to say I hate the whole Americanised thing of the hideous curls and the faux-Celt dresses. But if kids like them, what can you do....

Those links dont really get anything reasonable, and i seriously doubt the kids like them, its the fact they not allowed into the Feis without them thats prompting me to get one, which sucks.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

I second Buy and Sell. I've known a few people to get a nice dress on there for this. Kids growing out of them and/or losing interest leaves quite a few decent ones on the second-hand market.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i just went into ebay.ie there. clicked on "childrens dancewear " and then typed in irish dancing into the search button. there are 4 pages of dresses and shoes.
    some are quite expensive..but u might find a bargain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

KdjaC wrote:
    Those links dont really get anything reasonable, and i seriously doubt the kids like them, its the fact they not allowed into the Feis without them thats prompting me to get one, which sucks.

kdjac

If they don't like them why are they Irish Dancing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EcologiKids

Sorry posted in wrong thread..but
    irish dance wear at the end of mary st might be able to help you?
    or else call a couple of dance teachers / schools they might know of parents selling second hand stuff.
    hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If they don't like them why are they Irish Dancing?

They like Irish Dancing :confused:

Got a loaner for now and found one in Broken and Stolen for €300

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭Schuhart

KdjaC wrote:
    Got a loaner for now and found one in Broken and Stolen for €300
    Have you tried asking her dance teacher? Ours does a sort of clearing house for costumes - at any one time someone will have a dress their child has owngrown and need a new one. It works well enough, but its still a hundred.

Just wait until you find yourself applying sock glue and asking 'what have I become'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stranagaone

There's a great range of second hand Irish Dancing dresses for sale in Ireland on www.dresstrader.com.

Also, its also a great place to sell your dress if your child has grown out of it!

Take a look at whats on offer without having to go out of your home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 alaska

i have a few at home that i only wore twice at the max. They're just hanging in the wardrobe not doing any good. Paid €1700 for one of them and €1500 for the other only to be worn twice because i grew, i'd be willing to sell on the cheap, someone may aswell enjoy them :)

Advertisement