Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZyXel Prestige 660W Security Question

• 15-03-2006 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭

I recently got this modem from BT, anyone know how to put a password on the network so nobody can just tap in to my wireless network?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

dubmick wrote:
    I recently got this modem from BT, anyone know how to put a password on the network so nobody can just tap in to my wireless network?

Quick setup guide here:

http://www.scientific.com.pl/ftp/ZyCOM/MIRROR-FTP-ZYXEL/P660HW_Series/document/P660HW_Series_v3-40_QuickStartGuide.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Cheers for that.
    I've set up a key but for some reason I have to enter it everytime I go online, can I set my connection up to remember the key?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Have you RTFM...?

What hardware are you using to connect to router and what software? (eg Windoze Zero Config or S/w that came with card as it is here the problem most likely lies??? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

got it sorted with Windows Zero Config
    thanks for the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gary1

I have just got BT broadband supplied with a ZyXEL 660HW-61.

The Wireless link kept dropping from almost full power to zero (as measured on the LAN adaptor on my PC. I ended up logging into the router disabling the wireless LAN and then connecting a borrowed netgear wireless lan router and using this instead. This seems to work fine, although the ZyXEL seems to drop the ADSL connection reasonably frequently.

Two things I'd be grateful for :-
    1) How do I fix the dropping wireless link on the ZyXEL?
    2) Is there a much better ADSL modem/Wireless Router one can buy? I bought a netgear DG834PN and upgraded the firmware but could not even get this to connect.....

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement