Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Wrestling Discussion

• 15-03-2006 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Just wonder is it about time the stickies at the top were removed, and we can actually have a discussion on this board which isnt about foreign wrestling? I know the reasons why this had to happen in the first place, but this was 3 months ago. Can the embargo be lifted for a week to see will all work well again?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Nah the stickies have worked well so that each promotion gets an equal footing in advertising, results, etc.

If I removed them and the childish behaviour started up again, I would have to start banning people, etc...and I dont want to have to do that...so the stickies remain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So essentially what is being said, is that on an irish forum, we cannot discuss local promotions because a few twits arent mature enough to be involved in a decent discussion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

The stickies have worked very well but sadly at the expense of discussion - perhaps a zero tolerance policy is the answer? - It has worked at the IwW forums and the WI forums. Just ban anyone who is not interested in discussion after their first offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

The stickies have worked very well but sadly at the expense of discussion - perhaps a zero tolerance policy is the answer? - It has worked at the IwW forums and the WI forums. Just ban anyone who is not interested in discussion after their first offence.

Agreed 100%, there is no debating of activities on what goes down on Irish shows due to this tie down. I would concur that some tighter mod work is the answer here if any discussion gets out of hand; it is not all that hard to mod a discussion, in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Yeah, it does seem a little silly. Afterall, Americans bitch about which American promotion is best all the time, on a much grander scale than we do. There's obviously some guys involved with Irish promotions here, but when they contribute unintelligently to a discussion, I don't think anyone pays any attention to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

The problem was that it was getting too personal and ppl from those organisations were putting down others instead of giving any opinion on the topic what so ever. I think the stickies have worked well and should stay. Unless ppl agreed to be mature about the whole thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I will consider the matter over the weekend, you will have my answer Monday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I think it's only really possible if moderation is zero tolerance - There are plenty of people who join up just to cause trouble. The current system works and has stopped troublemakers but it does so at the risk of discussion. Either way, both systems have their merits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Zero tolerance sounds good to me.

Advertisement