Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are the old CTFers gone?

Options
  • 15-03-2006 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

So are any of the old school CTF crew still about these days or what? Its been a while since I picked up the aul 'hook, anyone up for a quick game on quakesrv1.indigo.ie? ;)

quake24.jpg

Fing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Ah the good aul days, I miss playing that "sega rally" quake on a 600 ping :P

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Are there any Quake 1 servers still running?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Typical conversation on quakesrv1.indigo.ie circa 1997:

unnamed(1): What's that red thing your using to climb about with?
    unnamed(2): Yeah, what is that?
    Tomb: More fodder for me!
    Koopa_Troopa: Go easy on me, I'm new.

I miss those days. Playing winquake with a 400 ping, like watching a powerpoint slideshow.....

Is there still any active servers? I'll log in and play from my PDA.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Voodoo2 wrote:
    Are there any Quake 1 servers still running?

Theres a few around the place just none in Ireland AFAIK:

http://www.gameaholic.com/servers/quake/

Anyone remember Quakepalooza or similar events of the time? I remember Devore getting terribly stressed out at QP and not a whole lot else! At that stage, the online gaming scene was only really taking off, quake.ie reared its ugly head and was then replaced by boards.ie, things have moved on just a little since then :)

Fing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Hey, Gaming365 host a CTF server on 82.195.149.82:27502 ...not sure I've ever actually noticed anyone using it though, but hey, if ye can get a few together, could have a few games..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

I can host a Quake server is people were interested?

Advertisement