Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White oak price difference

Options
  • 15-03-2006 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

I saw white oak doors/architraves, skirting and staircase the other day in a recently built house and I was quite smitten. Up until know I thought we'd put in red deal/pine or similar for internal doors etc.

What in very rough terms would the price difference be for say:

white oak panelled internal doors versus red deal/pine ? (including architrave/skirting costs)
    A white oak staircase versus red deal ?

I read somewhere on this forum that someone paid 10k for a white oak staircase. Holy schmoly! Anyone got figures for comparison ?
    I'll chase up suppliers to get actual quotes but at this stage I'm just
    trying to poll to see if anyone on here has put in white oak (or similar)
    as part of their interiors for doors/skirting, stairs,etc.

-ipl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭AJL

I got white oak doors from dublin door store half proce sale at 149 a piece. That is just the door. Still to buy handles, hinges and varnish. Still though that that was quite good value.

Try companies up the north also. Very competitive.

Advertisement