Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring of Honor

• 15-03-2006 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

Any love out there for ROH?

Heres a company that offers exactly what pro wrestling is meant to be...PRO WRESTLING!! Never mind your ridiculous storylines, diva searches, Tyson Tomkos and 3 minute matches, ROH doesnt insult its fans.
    It boasts an incredible roster including the likes of Samoa Joe, Brian Danielson, AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Christophe Daniels, Colt Cabana, Homicide, Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley, and of course the one and only Claudio Castignoli. HEY!!

Through their four year run they have booked some of the most memorable matches in recent history, from the birth of ROH with Low Ki's run of MOTYC's in 2002 right up to the hard hitting battle between Joe vs Kenta Kobashi, the technical masterclass from Danielson vs. Naomichi Marufuji and the amazing super juniors action of Low Ki vs. KENTA from late last year.

ROH has also spawned some of the most intense, fascinating fueds in the past few years. Fueds like Raven vs. CM Punk, Homicide vs. Steve Corino, CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave and Generation Next vs. the Embassy, which came to its almighty conclusion late last year at Steel Cage Warefare, in a match where Jack Evans defied nearly every law known to man!

So if you havent checked out Ring of Honor, for the love of god please do, you'll be all the better for it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've seen a lot of ROH, and I've loved it for a long time now. I haven't really been able to watch events in chronological order, so I get a little confused at times as to who's feuding with who. How come you didn't mention CM Punk vs Samoa Joe in your post?!

But it is definitely one of the better promotions around these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Yeah i guess the Joe vs Punk trilogy was worth a mention(!), the thing is I saw most of the first two years in order, and then skipped basically all of 2004 in order to catch up so I missed that whole fued. Even now I'm finding it hard to keep up, the only bad thing about the promotion is buying all the dvds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

now this is a great thread!!!!!!!;)
    ROH is amazing...all the BS is cut out and it provides viewers with what WWE cant give us....PURE WRESTLING!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

castagnoli wrote:
    Any love out there for ROH?

Heres a company that offers exactly what pro wrestling is meant to be...PRO WRESTLING!! Never mind your ridiculous storylines, diva searches, Tyson Tomkos and 3 minute matches, ROH doesnt insult its fans.
    It boasts an incredible roster including the likes of Samoa Joe, Brian Danielson, AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Christophe Daniels, Colt Cabana, Homicide, Jimmy Rave, Alex Shelley, and of course the one and only Claudio Castignoli. HEY!!

Through their four year run they have booked some of the most memorable matches in recent history, from the birth of ROH with Low Ki's run of MOTYC's in 2002 right up to the hard hitting battle between Joe vs Kenta Kobashi, the technical masterclass from Danielson vs. Naomichi Marufuji and the amazing super juniors action of Low Ki vs. KENTA from late last year.

ROH has also spawned some of the most intense, fascinating fueds in the past few years. Fueds like Raven vs. CM Punk, Homicide vs. Steve Corino, CM Punk vs. Jimmy Rave and Generation Next vs. the Embassy, which came to its almighty conclusion late last year at Steel Cage Warefare, in a match where Jack Evans defied nearly every law known to man!

So if you havent checked out Ring of Honor, for the love of god please do, you'll be all the better for it.

Thanks for the tip, Gabe.

Well I'm glad to see thare are some other ROH fans on these boards:)

Apparently ROH could be coming over to England for a weekend over the summer. Nothing has been confirmed yet but Cary, one of the heads at ROH, promised a "huge announcement" for UK fans and it's believed to be a double shot weekend, which would be pretty sweet. Expensive, but sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

castagnoli wrote:
    Well I'm glad to see thare are some other ROH fans on these boards:)

co-sign....
    If ROH was to come to england id be there for sure

Definately. I just hope if they do come over that it's not another merger with FWA like they did in 2003. Alex Shane can go **** himself.

Advertisement