Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Online Quotes?

Options
  • 16-03-2006 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

I got an online quote about 4 weeks ago. Its a 1.6 car and I have a provisional license. The quote was for €2700. Buying the car in the next few days and I am now getting an online quote of €3,300 with the exact same details entered. I have the original email with the quote reference number. Can I do anything about his if I phone them? Will it make a difference. It will save me a misinformed phone call

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Quotes are usually only valid for 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Afaik some online quotes are only valid for 16 days others 30 days. It really depends on the insurance company giving the quote. They usually stipulate this in fine print in the terms and conditions that they ask you to agree to at the begining of the online quote page.

Try ringing around a few places and get quotes that way. Sometimes online quotes are not always the cheapest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Can I do anything about his if I phone them? Will it make a difference.

Simple answer, no. If the quote expired it expired, but give them a ring its worth the try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the best option is call them and see if they will entertain you.maybe not as they are big companies and donot really mind if you walk off to another company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Try Tesco insurance, they are underwrote by hibernian and you get 50 euro back to spend in the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

dts wrote:
    Try Tesco insurance, they are underwrote by hibernian and you get 50 euro back to spend in the shop.

wow :eek: a whole €50 :eek: :eek: :eek:
    If the OP is getting quotes of €3000+ I doubt a €50 tesco voucher would be the deciding factor :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

On a related point if I may...

My insurance is coming up for renewal in the next few weeks (provisional license, 1st year, fully comp with Quinn and STILL waiting on the test, even though I applied in the same week as I got the provisional! :() and I'm wondering is there any point ringing around or are they still gonna be the cheapest - at least till I get the full license?

Also, will I get much off after only the first year?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Try AXA,
    I was on quinn for my first year and AXA quoted me €500 ish less when i went to renew

And a further discount cause my ma was insured with them:)

Well worth shopping around

Advertisement