Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK Go - "OK Go" / "Oh No"

Options
  • 16-03-2006 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭

Thought i'd try and get some new reviews up here.

Most people only know the band OK Go by their fantastic video for 'A Million Ways' which have became a Internet phenomenen being apparently the most downloaded music video EVER (as well as being parodied by Ray Darcy recently)!

Based on the song (and the truly bizarre but excellent video) 'A Million Ways' - i acquired both their albums (their self-titled debut album and their new album 'Oh No') with moderate to reasonable expectations from both.

I now truly wish i paid attention to this band sooner. I have been extremely busy with project work for college recently and found myself with both albums on repeat and are truly are some of the most catchy and addictive music you will hear this year.

I'd class the band's music as a sort of alternative guitar pop hybrid - sorta reminescent of the bubbly US alternative bands of the late 90's / early 00's - sort of from the same vein as Everclear.

I won't review specifically track by track but let me say this, listen to a song on either album more than once and prepare to have the song etched in your mind for the day. The songs really are that catchy!

The debut 'Ok Go' is probably slightly better than 'Oh No' but both are fantastic. Great range in the album with some extremely cheerful music perfect for a car ride but also some quite haunting tracks and some tracks ideal for a night out.

Standout tracks ('OK Go'):
    • Get Over It
    • Don't Ask Me
    • You're So Damn Hot
    • Return
    • There's A Fire
    • The Fix Is In
    • Hello, My Treacherous Friends
    Standout tracks ('Oh No'):
    • Invincible
    • Oh Lately It's So Quiet
    • It's A Disaster
    • A Million Ways
    • Let It Rain
    • Crash The Party
    (.. and yes, ALL these tracks in my mind are standouts!..)

Give these albums a go.. you will not regret it!

OK Go - 'OK Go' - ***** / *****
    OK Go - 'Oh No' - **** / *****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Always surprised these guys aren't bigger, great pop music with great lyrics. Would definately recommend either album but both need a bit of listening to to really get into. The self-titled first album has a few filler tracks but the standout tracks make it worth it, the second album is more cohesive but I'm not sure it has as many top class songs.

Advertisement