Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car transporter towing car...

Options
  • 16-03-2006 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭

... saw the above yesterday on Stillorgan dual carragieway. Car transporter was fully laden with about 6 Mercs. Plus, had another C sports coupe on tow with the front wheels in a kind of cradle and the back wheels running along the ground. Only problem the hand brake was fully on in the Sports coupe (I assume) and the back wheels were totally locked up. You should have heard the sound the tyres were making as it was dragged over the sandpaper-like road surface just before the traffic lights. Ouch! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

:eek: Some people just don't pay enough attention to what they're doing. A costly oversight for the transport driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Jeeeeeeeeeez I hope it wasn't an auto ! You are not supposed to tow them that way, you need to lift the rear wheels !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

MercMad wrote:
    Jeeeeeeeeeez I hope it wasn't an auto ! You are not supposed to tow them that way, you need to lift the rear wheels !

I suspect it wasnt brakes locking the wheels, more so transmission - even worse! :mad: :eek:

Advertisement