Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Painting Brake Calipers

Options
  • 16-03-2006 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Just looking to paint my front brake calipers. Does anyone have any tips/tricks when doing this - or what kind of paint would be best etc? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Preperation is the key!

You'l need to clean/sand/wirebrush all the gack and dust off the calipers before you attempt spraying.

You need high temp paint,you can either buy it as a little kit that you brush on or in a spray can.the kits more expensive than the spray but i found it better to use - took more time but a better finish compared to the spray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

its actualy called caliper paint too just in case you didnt realise.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Ronseal Metal paint also works and gives a nice glossy finish.
    I used some fine sand paper to clean the caliper then applied a couple of coats of Ronseal. Pick it up in any hardware store.

Did it on one car 2+ years ago and it still looks good.

Id stay away from the spray can jobs, gives a powdered finish look and you will need to clear spray it to bring it up, not worth the hasstle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I used the a tin of Caliper paint from Halfords about a year ago and the finish still looks great.

As stated already preperation is key to the success, it does not take that long to do either......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

VHT will also do the trick nicely, just make sure to clean the caliper and sand it down well beforehand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PjC

ah now! go out and buy yourself some lovely brembo calipers, none of this painting needed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

PjC wrote:
    ah now! go out and buy yourself some lovely brembo calipers, none of this painting needed. :D

My MG ZS 180 calipers came red as standard. I still ended up painting them (black) as I felt they looked a little chav

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement