Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merc Elbem

Options
  • 16-03-2006 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭

My merc gun sighty thingy on the bonnet was ripped off last night. Had to happen sometime i suppose. My third merc and first one to happen to. Does anyone know what is involved in replacing it. Can i easily pick up one from the scrappers and do i have to find one from the exact same model. (94 e200 w124 facelift) . Is is hard to replace.

Inner city dublin isn't really the place for cars these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

They're not too hard to replace - you'll need a pliers, though. You open the bonnet, grab the bottom of it, pull, turn through 45 degrees, and release. It'll then slip off. You'll see what I mean when you look at it. The stars themselves aren't too expensive - try GSF or eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Anan1 wrote:
    try GSF or eBay.

GSF ? is that www.gsfcarparts.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

GSF ? is that www.gsfcarparts.com
    Yep !

.......or try OTTO !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Is that crazy Otto who put his 911 under a truck?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is what Merc owners who live in Skanger areas need.

now you see me...

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

beware spurious merc emblems, saw a case of copied chinese parts flying off and causing danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,419 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

mike65 wrote:

Isn't that what the Spirit of Ecstasy does - or is that urban legend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

unkel wrote:
    Isn't that what the Spirit of Ecstasy does - or is that urban legend?

Only in the later models AFAIK.

Advertisement