Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting hooked...

Options
  • 16-03-2006 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

I know you're all gonna think this is another arbitrary comment from me but i have to say this...

I work full time, i'n college part time, i have a full time live in girlfriend.
    None of this is important at the moment because of WoW hehe. (Just kidding).

But i'm getting hooked. I have 3 characters that i'm playing at the moment.

A lvl60 Rogue that was passed on to me, so i don;t have to much of an attachment to him.

A lvl38 Priest (who i love, and i really like using this char and consider him to be my main)

and a lvl30 Warlock. all 3 are in the same guild (all lvl 60's but not enough to do the big raids yet)

here is my problems though, i just want to know. WHen i look at a character in IF or somewhere, and they are standing there in full purple sets of gear, does that mean that they've been on these 40 man raids pretty much for each piece? Because i can't imagine how long it would take between 40 of you for you to get your full 8 piece set!

it's just a bit dishearening to think that your character will never be as good or get decent gear unless you quit your job and sit there all day every day playing.

Is that how it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

An 8 piece set is a bit of an achievement.. it would take a long time, but very doable if your guild is understanding of your situation.

BUT!! In the next content patch they are bringing in a new armour set which is obtainable through some solo quests, and (at the very most) a UBRS sized raid. (which has been reduced to 10 men from 15 in the new patch aswell)

The new armour will be made up of 4 blue items, and 4 epics. (purple)

Stick with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

There's enough for the non-raiding player to do at 60 to keep you entertained for a long time. The lvl 60ish 5 man instances (Blackrock Depths, Dire Maul, Lower Blackrock Spire, Stratholme and Scholomance in order of perceived difficulty) offer plenty of fun and you'll get some very, very nice blue items. After the next patch, those will include a good chance at some purples.

If you're a priest, you'll get a group together for any of those without a problems in a very short amount of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

KingLoser wrote:
    An 8 piece set is a bit of an achievement.. it would take a long time, but very doable if your guild is understanding of your situation.

BUT!! In the next content patch they are bringing in a new armour set which is obtainable through some solo quests, and (at the very most) a UBRS sized raid. (which has been reduced to 10 men from 15 in the new patch aswell)

The new armour will be made up of 4 blue items, and 4 epics. (purple)

Stick with it!

That sounds great! Sweet. Obviously, someone who can play all day should be entitled to better items, but there should be more for the short term player.

As a priest, i had to start making my own groups for SM at lvl34+, which was intimidating at first as youare incontrol pretty much, but i got used to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

u think BRD is heard :eek:

but yes for tier 1 and tier 2 ie. for a lock felhart and nemisis.you get them on 40 man raids yes in BWL and MC

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

My guild have been doing MC since last July and theres still 5 items I want out of there, 2 of which are set pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You'll find a staggering amount of people out there who actually spend the bulk of a day playing WoW, because they're unemployed or whatever. There's no real need to feel envy or compete with these people, because frankly there's no way in hell you can ever attain what they have, unless you figure out the secret of living without sleep.

Once you're enjoying the game, why feel disheartened? That's a bit like getting to 20 years old and realising that you can never be as good at football as the guy who just got signed to Liverpool. That's life, get over it. :)

Remember though that they're not necessarily better than you at the game - if you compared their total playing time to yours, it would probably be 4 or 5 times yours.

Our Guildmaster is a guy who broke his spine in an industrial accident last year, and is at home all day. So understandably, WoW is his primary focus (what else are you going to do shuffling around the house all day?), and he's pretty much on for 6-8 hours a day. Strangely enough though, he has a wife and child who both have their own WoW accounts & computers and are in our Guild :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

awww a WOW family:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

"No tea for you until you earn me 50 gold!"

lol

'awww mum i don't wanna gold farm tonight, you said i could go out'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

barton prince have u level a troll shammy yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

I'd save that MMO addiction for a game that's actually good.WoW is a really shallow and dull game, you're not missing much by not having the ubarest itams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I have full Giantstalker and full Dragonstalker on my main char.. that took a long time. :) Probably about 4 months of raiding per set.

I don't agree with the 'no-life' thing though. All my guilds raids are done between 7pm and 12pm once a week for each dungeon, which is doable by those of us who work for a living. I'd just be watching tele otherwise!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

personally i'm all about the epiX:D

Advertisement