Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How much you make is entirely dependent on demographics. 25-44 females would be the most represented doing these by a huge margin, and hence the potential income is very spread.

I've €57 on RedC since January 1st, taken out €130 from IO in the same time period and maybe 40-50 quid across everything else. 25-44 male.

If you do multiple sites you need to be very careful not to answer the same surveys multiple times as that is what gets accounts poisoned and stops further surveys coming. There are tracking surveys that come every month or so but make sure never to answer the same thing twice in a week or so.

Also be aware that you may be better off waiting to see if the same survey gets offered by a better payer. There is a hideously complicated beer tracker survey that all the sites offer and you get 2.90 on most Cint panels, or 50c via Toluna!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 APCLCHAMH

Interesting! I received a cheque back in June from REDCLIVE and am 36 euro into my next one. I've made 120.00 euro on IO. Would love to receive more from both. I am a female and 20 years of age. Last year I made 170.00 on IO. Doubt I'll rack up another 50 euro by December unless they sent out the 22.50 survey again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

APCLCHAMH wrote: »
    Anyone do GFK Media surveys, what do you think, are they worthwhile? How much do you reckon you could make per year doing both Irish Opinions and RedC... basically doing every survey you receive? Maybe 150-200 a year for Irish but how much for RedC?

GFK Media requires a daily survey listening all TV and Radio you watched/listened to with a more detailed analysis of 3 TV and 3 Radio programmes. Payment varies on how many you do each month. The max is €2 for 30 or 31 days of surveys. The payment is by vouchers for an Allgifts type site where you can buy vouchers for various shops or Amazon (at a very poor string/euro rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Anyone do GFK Media surveys, what do you think, are they worthwhile? How much do you reckon you could make per year doing both Irish Opinions and RedC... basically doing every survey you receive? Maybe 150-200 a year for Irish but how much for RedC?

Good question.

I do the Irish Media Survey (Gfk) almost every day each month. You might earn around 1.5 or 2 Euro on it if you don't miss too many days. (Just being realistic.)
    They are worth it for me because I can speed through them while accurately reporting that I don't watch TV or listen to the radio....

They *might* make it easier for new members to win a voucher though. If I remember correctly, I got a fiver from three of the first four months I entered the prize draw from the survey.

Irish Opinions averages out at just over 10 Euro/month, more if you can get a phone survey or if they decide to send out more broken beverage surveys than usual... :p

RED C varies. One year I almost got 3 cheques, but most of the time it takes me over 8 months to get one. Roughly 80-100 Euro/year. Obviously, this rate of earning might be lower than others in less common demographic groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Good question.

I do the Irish Media Survey (Gfk) almost every day each month. You might earn around 1.5 or 2 Euro on it if you don't miss too many days. (Just being realistic.)
    They are worth it for me because I can speed through them while accurately reporting that I don't watch TV or listen to the radio....

They *might* make it easier for new members to win a voucher though. If I remember correctly, I got a fiver from three of the first four months I entered the prize draw from the survey.

Irish Opinions averages out at just over 10 Euro/month, more if you can get a phone survey or if they decide to send out more broken beverage surveys than usual... :p

RED C varies. One year I almost got 3 cheques, but most of the time it takes me over 8 months to get one. Roughly 80-100 Euro/year. Obviously, this rate of earning might be lower than others in less common demographic groups.

My IO earnings so far this year is 160. I'm not sure how that compares to previous years. I get 3 cheques every year from Red C and 2 so far this year and it looks to be on track for a 3rd.

Anybody else having problems with IO this week? Several times the website is down "for maintenance" with I've tried to do surveys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

My IO is actually quite good this week but was awful for about two weeks I thought they had decided to blacklist my account or something but all good now

My earnings so far this year (started in March)

Acumen €20
    Ask me pay me €4.30
    IO €110
    Mysurvey €15
    Opinion World €60
    Toluna €30
    Shop & Scan €10
    Ideas Panel €20

Looking forward to a shopping day at Christmas, hoping to cash in another few before then, stuck on €40 with redc for what seems like forever so doubt I will ever make it to the €50

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I have a lot of trouble recently with Irish Opinions surveys, I can get about 90% of the way to completion then I get told I'm not suitable. I don't mind it when I'm asked age, county, job status or any of the basic demographics and I get screened out but this drives me nuts. I've been with them for years and this is happening more and more often.

Typically they are very good to come back and credit me anyway when I complain, but this morning I almost completed a survey about pharmacies (Boots ad as part of it). I'd been redirected to it when the survey link I was emailed opened to a completed survey page and they "found" me another survey.

Anyone know what the survey reference number might have been? As I can't get credit for it and I delete the emails as I finish them...

Woooow the amount you've made so far on OpinionWorld is crazy, how lucky! The most I make on them a year is less than 80eur and that's with constant effort/updating my profile etc.
    I would say the most one could earn on IO is 200eur a year(with a popular demographic and very quick response to each survey and regularly updating of survey profiles).
    IdeasPanel - you have 20.00 already - that's excellent! I signed up for them at the start of April and I'm at 12.50(I didn't qualify for one or two) and often the rewards can be very little - but I always find the surveys really enjoyable!

Question for everyone: Has anyone been a member of ideasPanel for a year or more and if you have how much can you make from them?

Woooow the amount you've made so far on OpinionWorld is crazy, how lucky! The most I make on them a year is less than 80eur and that's with constant effort/updating my profile etc.
    I would say the most one could earn on IO is 200eur a year(with a popular demographic and very quick response to each survey and regularly updating of survey profiles).
    IdeasPanel - you have 20.00 already - that's excellent! I signed up for them at the start of April and I'm at 12.50(I didn't qualify for one or two) and often the rewards can be very little - but I always find the surveys really enjoyable!

Question for everyone: Has anyone been a member of ideasPanel for a year or more and if you have how much can you make from them?

I'm with Ideas Panel several years. €40 a year would be good for them. I clear at least €250 with Irish Opinions.

• Advertisement

That's impressive, would love to get myself 250 a year from them!
    I would be interested in knowing how many surveys you receive from them per day?
    When I first signed up late 2014 I would get approx 3 surveys a day and quality for them all now I am lucky to qualify for 4 each week :( eeeeek. Maybe lots of people participate in the Kildare area...

Age, gender, kids (having them/how many), income and job class all matter too. They'll catch you up eventually if you lie on most of those - address when you claim, gender when you forget you're actually Samantha not Sam, etc.

I'm not surprised, I'd say many lie to be able to participate. I don't though, I prefer to tell the truth and if I don't quality(which happens a lot(unfortunately) ah well... Exactly I'm sure they are extra observant of those who have been lying for a while possibly security checks, scary! Once I miss-typed my D.O.B at the end of a RedClive survey, how annoying was that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I just reached another €10 with IO today. Total for the year:

Irish Opinions €60 (Tesco)
    Acumen €30 (Allgifts.ie voucher)
    Res C €20 with RedC (yawwwwn!!)
    Ideas Panel €20 (Boots)

Does anyone else use ask me pay me?

Just looked at my account and seen this one euro, not going to break the bank i know but just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Cal04

just ordered 50 e worth of vouchers with IO
    got 50 e cheque with red c
    shop and scan building up too
    various other ones can't remember now, not doing too bad

Cork2015! wrote: »

Just looked at my account and seen this one euro, not going to break the bank i know but just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

My is fine. I'd query it with them, if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭G3467

It happened to me a few months ago. My account balance was -€2.90 (minus). I queried it and they replied that my last survey had failed a quality check and they had deducted the €2.90 reward. Luckily, I had cashed out before they applied the deduction. I haven't bothered with them since.

Got a survey from Acumen today and realised I hadn't cashed out in a while. The total for the year cashed out is now €170.

I followed up with ask me pay me and they said the deduction came as the system said i completed a survey too fast even though i had completed it fully and honestly, so they got a nice stern reply and i got my account credited happy days :-)

• Advertisement

Does anyone use shopperthoughts for clubcard points, is it worth it?

Yes. They aren't very common (although there have been a lot more recently, and a few general ones that weren't Tesco specific). Payout can take some time - weeks before it goes to your clubcard and then up to 3 more months before you get it depending on when the last statement was sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

After a hiatus of a few monthsi got 2 from redC this week for 6€.
    Almost up to 50 again:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

After a hiatus of a few monthsi got 2 from redC this week for 6€.
    Almost up to 50 again:)

Snap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Not a big earner shopperthoughts but on the plus side you dont waste time completing surveys to eventually get kicked out. An easy few extra clubcard points when you get them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Any one else having problems with IO the last 2 days? Any time ive clicked on 'take a survey' it keeps bringing up a financial products survey for 1 euro and then saying its full. Very annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Just a word of warning - everyone avoid Europinions. Have had a cash out payment of €30 pending since July and they are not responding to my emails. Avoid at all costs - scam site.

Just a word of warning - everyone avoid Europinions. Have had a cash out payment of €30 pending since July and they are not responding to my emails. Avoid at all costs - scam site.

Will you let us know how you get on? Maybe they are just slow? I'm with them months but only have about €1 so im nowhere near cashing out but would be interesting to see how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

How long do Irish Opinions Tesco or Boots vouchers last before they expire once they are issued? I was saving all mine up for Xmas, but I understand that you can't claim them all at one time.

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    How long do Irish Opinions Tesco or Boots vouchers last before they expire once they are issued? I was saving all mine up for Xmas, but I understand that you can't claim them all at one time.

I asked before and I'm pretty sure someone said a year but i might be wrong

I used to save them up but was afraid of them going bust or something so now claim €10 each time and save them in an envelope for christmas

Advertisement