Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

RoYoBo wrote: »
    How long do Irish Opinions Tesco or Boots vouchers last before they expire once they are issued? I was saving all mine up for Xmas, but I understand that you can't claim them all at one time.

Minimum 6 months up to 5 years from memory. They let you take out about 40 a day and will actually bundle vouchers ordered very close in one (registered) envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

L1011 wrote: »
    Minimum 6 months up to 5 years from memory. They let you take out about 40 a day and will actually bundle vouchers ordered very close in one (registered) envelope.

I was sure it was €50 must check again, how much they let you cash out at one time. Can they be used with tesco online or only instore?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I was sure it was €50 must check again, how much they let you cash out at one time. Can they be used with tesco online or only instore?

I was able to order €50 at one time yesterday and I think I can do the same today (if I had that much!). From what I read on the site, you can only use the Tesco vouchers online to buy a few items such as flowers eg.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I was able to order €50 at one time yesterday and I think I can do the same today (if I had that much!). From what I read on the site, you can only use the Tesco vouchers online to buy a few items such as flowers eg.

How did you know. :o Nah. More like a kindle but they may stop selling them anyway with them being a HMV concession going on what other have said in another BA thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

How did you know. :o Nah. More like a kindle but they may stop selling them anyway with them being a HMV concession going on what other have said in another BA thread.

In the small print on the Tesco voucher blurb on IO:

Tesco gift cards have a limited use online, they can only be used to purchase CDs, DVDs, books and flowers online.

So, you can buy the books, just not the Kindle :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I think you can use a Tesco voucher to buy an Argos or possibly even amazon voucher/giftcard and buy the kindle that way?

dee_mc wrote: »
    I think you can use a Tesco voucher to buy an Argos or possibly even amazon voucher/giftcard and buy the kindle that way?

From what I heard it is 50/50. Need to be done at the register and kind of luck of the draw, not sure if there is a secondary charge, but would be worth it to put the money to what I really want, :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,779 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had to re-take a Conformit-powered IO survey after faking my browsers details as it gave me a mobile version that didn't work. This used to happen constantly with ones with videos, or that stupid bloody Flash map to pick a county but now it seems anything even minorly advanced doesn't work on their mobile interface.

This was on a 11.6" laptop with a fully modern browser and Flash!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

So annoyed with myself just did a red c survey for €4 (which would have brought me to the €50 cheque next month) and i made a mistake on last question GRRRRRR
    When it says how many people in the house at the start I said 4, but last question was again how many people in the house but i missread it as how many adults and said 2..... grrr
    Wont be making that mistake again!
    The thing I liked about it though is when it kicked me out it told me exactly what I had done wrong... this is handy as i imagine people would be annoyed if they dont know what they did to get kicked out

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Cal04

Cork2015! wrote: »
    So annoyed with myself just did a red c survey for €4 (which would have brought me to the €50 cheque next month) and i made a mistake on last question GRRRRRR
    When it says how many people in the house at the start I said 4, but last question was again how many people in the house but i missread it as how many adults and said 2..... grrr
    The thing I liked about it though is when it kicked me out it told me exactly what I had done wrong... this is handy as i imagine people would be annoyed if they dont know what they did to get kicked out

i did the exact same thing last year! I was so mad, didn't do it again though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

How do you guys do this surveys? The Red C one seems to pay quite well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

richy wrote: »
    How do you guys do this surveys? The Red C one seems to pay quite well?

Not sure what you are asking. Register and complete the surveys they send you.
    You'll not get rich on RedC as while the individual surveys okay better than most, they are more limited and it takes a while to reach the cash out point.

Not sure what you are asking. Register and complete the surveys they send you.
    You'll not get rich on RedC as while the individual surveys okay better than most, they are more limited and it takes a while to reach the cash out point.

Less surveys, but they pay well so true. Think i am getting cheque #4 from red c this month. Not this year mind registered with them a while. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Cal04

Red C seem to have a lot more surveys of late. Got a cheque about a month ago and am nearly at 30 e again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,264 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Anyone ever have problems logging in to ireach?

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Anyone ever have problems logging in to ireach?

No, did so this afternoon no problem. But, they are very hit or miss at the best of times.

So I registered for Red C yesterday and got two already. Is this just because I am new? 3 euro each.

Any other sites that pay well like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

richy wrote:
    So I registered for Red C yesterday and got two already. Is this just because I am new? 3 euro each.

Theres been a run of Redc surveys this week. I've had 4 or 5. Screened out of one.
    Another today for 5 euro but link doesn't work :(

You could go a couple of weeks and no survey.

I had 6 RedC this week and screened out of all. I have never had a run like that with them before.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Theres been a run of Redc surveys this week. I've had 4 or 5. Screened out of one.
    Another today for 5 euro but link doesn't work :(

You could go a couple of weeks and no survey.
    I had 6 RedC this week and screened out of all. I have never had a run like that with them before.

What do you mean by screened out? As in you were sent a link but the link didnt actually allow you to do it for whatever reason? Did you guys have the one about drug use in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Also, any other sites that pay well like RedC?

What do you mean by screened out? As in you were sent a link but the link didnt actually allow you to do it for whatever reason? Did you guys have the one about drug use in Ireland?

You enter you date and are told the demographic is wrong. I'm probably too old for what was surveyed this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Can anyone offer any suggestions for me llease

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭nirvana78

Can anyone offer any suggestions for me please on Irish Opinions. I'm registered with them but have never received a survey, on their help page it suggests the emails may be blocked. How do I check this on Gmail?

I was looking back at previous posts about people's earnings, there are some pretty impressive earrings recorded. I'm with RedC about 18 months now and only recently got my first cheque. I have earned over 1000 clubcard points with Shopper Thoughts which equates to €10 in clubcard vouchers or up to €40 if you use Tesco Clubcard Boost. I also reached my first €10 with Acumen, so it's slowly building. If I could keep a slow trickle of each of them going I'd be happy. Maybe demographics are against me (female age 38)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Also, any other sites that pay well like RedC?

I was registered with a few survey sites, Irish Opinions, RedC, MySurvey, Opinion World, Acumen etc.

I held on to them all until I reached a cash out point but tbh the only ones I see any value in is Irish Opinions and RedC. They're the only ones I found to be regular enough to seem worthwhile and make something decent out of.

RedC has run dry for me. has been pretty slow this last month these last 2 weeks in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

Cork2015! wrote: »

Email them to explain, I did something similar, just qualified there for my first ever €50, delighted, also did survey and got to around 90% and screen went, emailed them and they credited me.

florawest wrote: »
    Email them to explain, I did something similar, just qualified there for my first ever €50, delighted, also did survey and got to around 90% and screen went, emailed them and they credited me.

They will credit you for a technical fault but not a user error. User errors are seen, by them, as not taking due care.

Irishopinion - When I clicked on do a survey it was worth only 75c for 10-15 mins. Is it usually this bad? Should I wait for one to be emailed to me and will that be better?

• Advertisement

Irishopinion - When I clicked on do a survey it was worth only 75c for 10-15 mins. Is it usually this bad? Should I wait for one to be emailed to me and will that be better?

That's about the rate for that length of survey. Check for surveys and do those emailed to you. Some will pay more, some less.

Advertisement