Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Irish Opinions seem to have quite a few errors recently. From this thread there seems to be a lot of people that experienced the same problem with the 3 part survey. I completed a survey last week that took flipping ages due to major technical errors, and I've just reached the end of a 20 minute, €1.50 survey to be greeted with an error page after submission :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

I refrained from doing that survey because of what I'd read here. Perhaps I should have done it.
    I've had no issues with any other IO survey recently, not that I've had many.

Waiting on 2 Tesco giftcards ordered on the 19th Dec and I'v only earned about 6 Euro since.

RedC have been good. Cheque last Dec and almost half way to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Westeros wrote: »
    Irish Opinions seem to have quite a few errors recently. From this thread there seems to be a lot of people that experienced the same problem with the 3 part survey. I completed a survey last week that took flipping ages due to major technical errors, and I've just reached the end of a 20 minute, €1.50 survey to be greeted with an error page after submission :(

IO are getting sneaky.

I was asked to update my profile just now and some of the questions were:

How many business flights did you take in the last 12 months.

How many International holiday flights did you take.

What was your favourite hotel chain (drop down list) -

all exactly as you would expect to see in a paid survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Has anyone ever won anything from Opinion World?
    I got an email saying I had won €500 prize from their Ireland draw...
    I'm just a little sceptical as they attached a release form that has to be signed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

mimimcmc wrote: »
    Has anyone ever won anything from Opinion World?
    I got an email saying I had won €500 prize from their Ireland draw...
    I'm just a little sceptical as they attached a release form that has to be signed??

It seems legit. There are official rules about it on their site, so maybe read it and you'll know a bit better.
    Eventually send them an e-mail and ask if they have sent you such mail.
    Congrats :D

• Advertisement

I'm just a bit worried about what all this from the release form means:
    I hereby grant to the Sponsors the absolute right and permission to use my name, address, photograph,
    likeness, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state in any and all advertising and Promotion materials,
    or to refrain from doing so, in any manner or media whatsoever, worldwide, for advertising and
    promotional purposes in conjunction with this and similar Promotions without notice to me and without
    further compensation. I shall have no right of approval, no claim to any compensation, and no claim

arising out of the use, alteration, distortion or illusionary effect or use in any composite form of my name,
    address, photograph or likeness.
    I understand and acknowledge and hereby waive and release any and all rights, demands, losses,
    liabilities, claims and causes of action whatsoever which I may now or hereafter be entitled to assert,
    including, but not limited to any death, injury, loss of enjoyment or other harm or loss of any nature
    whatsoever caused by, contributed to, or arising out of any prize awarded to me in this Promotion.

Their just covering their asses right? :o

I'm just a bit worried about what all this from the release form means:

Their just covering their asses right? :o

Yeah it seems so. I wonder who is the sponsor of the prize. Does it say?
    You'll give them the permission to use your name and other details if they will want, so hopefully it is not a brand producing and advertising some whitening butt hole gel :D

Mishonee wrote: »
    Yeah it seems so. I wonder who is the sponsor of the prize. Does it say?
    You'll give them the permission to use your name and other details if they will want, so hopefully it is not a brand producing and advertising some whitening butt hole gel :D

It doesn't say, hopefully they only just want to use my name on their website as a winner.

Can't believe I won! Delighted! :D:D

It doesn't say, hopefully they only just want to use my name on their website as a winner.

Yeah I could think even now on what to spend that money :D Congrats once again!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

About a month after I requested it, I finally got my 20 euro Tesco voucher from ideas panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Congratulations! They can only use the information that you provide, so send a grainy photo (if asked) and as few personal details as you want to give. I'm sure they won't be sending out a professional photographer and an interviewer for a win of 500. Enjoy your win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

IO are getting sneaky.

I was asked to update my profile just now and some of the questions were:

How many business flights did you take in the last 12 months.

How many International holiday flights did you take.

What was your favourite hotel chain (drop down list) -

all exactly as you would expect to see in a paid survey.

Got this yesterday- it popped up after I was screened out of a survey. My favourite hotel is Other

I received an email back from IO on this saying I was screened out as my device was not supported by this survey. Luckily, I took a screenshot of the end of survey submission page and then the 'technical error' page. I emailed back with these screenshots and they checked how much time I had spent on the survey. Emailed back with an apology and credited the full amount to my account.

I received an email back from IO on this saying I was screened out as my device was not supported by this survey. Luckily, I took a screenshot of the end of survey submission page and then the 'technical error' page. I emailed back with these screenshots and they checked how much time I had spent on the survey. Emailed back with an apology and credited the full amount to my account.

'Screened out' is the default response from IO lately - that's why I'm keeping screenshots and records of all the surveys I complete. It really makes me angry when they dismiss me so automatically though - I don't think they even check. :mad:

If I have for example 2x Boots voucher, 5 € each ( total 10 ), can I use them both in one purchase in store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Mishonee wrote: »
    If I have for example 2x Boots voucher, 5 € each ( total 10 ), can I use them both in one purchase in store?

Most certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭frankmul

cbreeze wrote: »

Has anyone EVER won a prize in the multiple prize draws which survey companies keep promoting? I don't believe them. One asks you if you want the points or a FREE entry in their prize draw (can't remember which one).

I was luck enough to to win €50 with shop and scan in December and won €5 on the monthly draw with GFK a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dylow

Does anyone know of any other Paypal paid survey sites other than Triaba? I have around €5.60 in that account, and just need another 40c to deposit from Paypal to Betfair but haven't got a survey in ages.

I know a lot of them don't payout until you've reached a certain amount, so does anyone know of a site that you can cashout with a small amount, like a couple of euros?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Dylow wrote:
    Does anyone know of any other Paypal paid survey sites other than Triaba? I have around €5.60 in that account, and just need another 40c to deposit from Paypal to Betfair but haven't got a survey in ages.

Ask me pay me.
    Surveys are few and far between though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Swagbucks is another

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,266 ✭✭✭pgj2015

vivitic

apino

mysurvey

Dylow wrote: »

I know a lot of them don't payout until you've reached a certain amount, so does anyone know of a site that you can cashout with a small amount, like a couple of euros?

Thanks!

MySurvey. You can cash out with PayPal from €5 - €20.
    Surveys are regular enough, nowhere near as close as IO or as rewarding but they're okay. I cashed out €40 for 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Acumen's rare rare surveys do pay so well - "12 minute" one there was more like 4 with the boilerplate questions pre-populated from the previous times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

NATLOR wrote: »
    I got a similar response today saying "due to the error that occurred they need to manually gather members details in order for payments to be made. Please allow a few weeks for this"

Is the huge survey the Kantar one about Newspapers / TV / Radio - seems to be going on forever - I've actually forgotten how much the incentive was supposed to be for this one that I'm in the middle of - there is no progress indicator, so I've no idea if I'm nearly done or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Anyone having problems trying to redeem out on ireach?,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anyone having problems trying to redeem out on ireach?,

Getting 505 Server Error. I have just emailed them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

Is anyone else not getting anything else from Mysurvey? I can't get surveys through my account when I log in, and I have had no emails since the new site went live.

Is anyone else not getting anything else from Mysurvey? I can't get surveys through my account when I log in, and I have had no emails since the new site went live.

Practically every survey I've got from them in the last 6 weeks is for entries into a draw and not points. I'd be banned if I said what I thought of that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭scientist

I'm the same with mysurvey. Nothing much at all. Entries to draws. Not really the incentive i need. They will soon learn if people stop doing the draw surveys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

My issue with them is that I am invited to do surveys. Go in, see three or four but can't actually do them. Contacted them but still no reply.

Advertisement