Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Anyone having problems trying to redeem out on ireach?,
    Getting 505 Server Error. I have just emailed them about it.

They got back to me and said there were site problems and they'd issue my voucher for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Is anyone else experiencing radio silence from acumen?

I got a short one from them yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    I got a short one from them yesterday.

Yes me too, on wonky veg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Aglomerado wrote: »

Same. Tipped me over the cash out point though so happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Just got invited to a survey with IO on pirated content. Finished the ENTIRE survey (Finally, let us ask some questions about you) only to be told I had been screened out!

Hate that! I got it too but was not screened out (like Graham Norton's red chair!!:eek:). Most companies have their screen out questions at the beginning, so that's unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Aglomerado wrote: »

I like wonky veg. I wish there were more of it around

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Had - and screened from a lot of due to trying late - a pile of RedC lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    Just got invited to a survey with IO on pirated content. Finished the ENTIRE survey (Finally, let us ask some questions about you) only to be told I had been screened out!

Same happened to me with that survey. I emailed them and they got back to say they would look into it and if there was an error they would be crediting people. Seems to have happened to a good few people

Pushed IO for an update on that €19 survey as its been 6 weeks as they specified. Update is that there is no update yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,969 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The standard IO screen used to tell me that my profile was 67% complete. Last night it told me that it was 12% complete. What's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The standard IO screen used to tell me that my profile was 67% complete. Last night it told me that it was 12% complete. What's going on?

They added more Profile Questions, they do it every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

I clicked into an IO survey via email and it was unavailable. I was then offered another survey - made a big mistake and didn't read beyond the fact that it was €4 and would take about an hour.

Two mind-numbing hours later I've only completed Part 1 :eek: Have I inadvertently landed on that infamous €19 survey that doesn't pay? I have so far completed interminable questions about TV, media and radio (Kantor). Should I just cut my losses now? Is there any reward from completing part 1 - it implied there was.

Of course, I now have no proof that this was supposed to be €19, so if I continue, I may only get €4 anyway. So mad at myself!!!

That's it. The first page has both 4 and 19 on it (my laptop has decided not to do euro symbols today) for whatever reason. Screenshot the last page and maybe the last page of each of the sections from now on too; as evidence.

L1011 wrote: »
    That's it. The first page has both 4 and 19 on it (my laptop has decided not to do euro symbols today) for whatever reason. Screenshot the last page and maybe the last page of each of the sections from now on too; as evidence.

Aaaargh! I have no proof that it said anything about €19, so I might be stuffed. I sooooo wish I'd never started it - I turned down the email offer of this survey a while back as a direct result of comments here :( I'll keep the screenshots anyway, whatever good they'll do. Lesson learned - read all the details first on IO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

L1011 wrote: »
    Pushed IO for an update on that €19 survey as its been 6 weeks as they specified. Update is that there is no update yet.

Did the same the other day got this reply

I am very sorry for the delay, unfortunately the survey is still open therefore we cannot reward you. I have contacted our partners regarding this survey and they explain that this survey should close soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Anybody else having problems logging into IO?
    Every time I try it keeps reverting to the login page.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems logging into IO?
    Every time I try it keeps reverting to the login page.

Worked fine about 30 minutes ago for me.

Got to another 10 on Acumen - so 40 from them and 10 from userneeds gets me another 50 but it has taken a year basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 richers86

Wish I'd read on here first about that €19 survey.

Must've spent the guts of 3-4 hours doing it. Sent off an e-mail, how long do IO typically take to respond?

Does anyone know what the rationale is behind the time-limited responses in surveys, where you get about 15 seconds to record your answer? Did an IO survey on utility companies today full of these types of questions. Frustrating and prone to error as they are, what value are the responses really?

I ended up not trying and caring even less,

• Advertisement

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the rationale is behind the time-limited responses in surveys, where you get about 15 seconds to record your answer? Did an IO survey on utility companies today full of these types of questions. Frustrating and prone to error as they are, what value are the responses really?

I ended up not trying and caring even less,

There's one company does those and they are pointless when I type slowly. I have told them so but will take their money if that's how they want to do it. But it's a farce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

Yeah the brain juicer. Well, they probably want to know what is the very first thing that comes to your mind, without much of thinking of it.
    Usually on the page before the page with timer they say what will be next, so I just prepare few of the shortest names or brands on the paper and just write them there in the 15 sec timer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Haven't been able to do any surveys with OpinionWorld since November. Constantly screened out. Got a mind numbing radio survey off IO this morning. Avoid at all costs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

malcy wrote: »
    Haven't been able to do any surveys with OpinionWorld since November. Constantly screened out. Got a mind numbing radio survey off IO this morning. Avoid at all costs!

Last survey I've got from OpinionWorld was 10 days ago, as for the IO - I was screened out 4 times during past 2 days, once after first question, where I answered I'm a female :D

Got a mind numbing radio survey off IO this morning. Avoid at all costs!

I enjoyed that one, actually.

It was interesting when they got down to individual shows. An insight into how that station might be planning changes.

Skid X wrote: »
    I enjoyed that one, actually.

It was interesting when they got down to individual shows. An insight into how that station might be planning changes.

I detest Irish radio so for me it was a nightmare. I don't remember being asked about specific shows.

Just got offered a survey on IO. 25 Mins €1.50. Clicked it anyway but it was a RedC survey it redirected me to, who would pay a lot more than €1.50 so bugger that!

I detest Irish radio so for me it was a nightmare. I don't remember being asked about specific shows.

Just got offered a survey on IO. 25 Mins €1.50. Clicked it anyway but it was a RedC survey it redirected me to, who would pay a lot more than €1.50 so bugger that!

I got an identical Supermarket Survey from both RedC (€3) and IO (€1.50) during the week. There was a lot in it, I remember thinking most RedC's of that length would be €4 at least.

I bailed out of the IO version when I realised it was the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I just had to contact MySurvey as I received a 25 euro Argos card but went to use it today and the till kept prompting "not enough points to redeem". Rang the Argos customer care which confirmed that there are no points on the card:mad:

Has anyone else tried to do the €5 survey offered by RedC yesterday? It's by one of their partners 'Haystack'. It wont let me progress past the 3rd question! I click 'None of these/Other' and then next but it tells me i haven't selected anything which i clearly have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Has anyone else tried to do the €5 survey offered by RedC yesterday? It's by one of their partners 'Haystack'. It wont let me progress past the 3rd question! I click 'None of these/Other' and then next but it tells me i haven't selected anything which i clearly have.

I was able to complete it fine. Maybe drop them an email.

Advertisement