Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

RedC must have been clearing their backlog. A survey that I complained about got credited today. In addition I completed another survey on a different computer to my usual one and there was no acknowledgement of completion. An amount for this survey was credited also!!

It restores my faith in them somewhat as I had found them very unsatisfactory up to now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tessafisher

Good! It's only right.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Short one on Irish Opinions about what made you happy or sad last year (looked like one designed so they could say '87% of people said booking a holiday was one their highlights of last year')

Anyone, one of the questions was 'Did you feel sad when England got knocked out of Euro2016 by Iceland?'

No, I didn't - not in the slightest :D Some surveys lose their point when they cross the Irish Sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Skid X wrote: »
    Short one on Irish Opinions about what made you happy or sad last year (looked like one designed so they could say '87% of people said booking a holiday was one their highlights of last year')

Anyone, one of the questions was 'Did you feel sad when England got knocked out of Euro2016 by Iceland?'

No, I didn't - not in the slightest :D Some surveys lose their point when they cross the Irish Sea.

found that one pointless and, as you say, seemed engineered to get particular results. Still handy money and short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Is anyone else having problems with Shopandscan.ie ?
    I'm trying to upload my data & receipts but can't connect to the site tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭ballina1953

did you try a new location in your house
    1failing that try scanning the little box number on pge 7 of the manual
    2 replace the scanner quickly bk into its cradle
    3 press any button on scanner and wait a couple of minutes
    after a while a tick should appear saying job complete
    you may have to attempt the process a few times but it usually works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

did you try a new location in your house
    1failing that try scanning the little box number on pge 7 of the manual
    2 replace the scanner quickly bk into its cradle
    3 press any button on scanner and wait a couple of minutes
    after a while a tick should appear saying job complete
    you may have to attempt the process a few times but it usually works

Thanks a million - I managed to connect before the midnight deadline. I think their servers were down or overloaded for a while last night
    I have one of the newer USB scanners and just like yours it can take a few attempts to complete the transfer process but I never had a problem accessing shopandscan.ie before

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Just done a REDC survey which offers €1-€3 for 5-15 minutes of time. I got to the end of it and was advised that €3 would be credited. I have not seen this kind of survey from them before. I kept looking out for the stage in the survey where you were to be thanked for your time and awarded the €1.

After the familiar introduction (sound and video checks) questions follow on flights and sponsorship awareness and it then narrows down to a well known airline which sponsors an Irish team (not sure if I am allowed to mention them).

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

cbreeze wrote: »
    Just done a REDC survey which offers €1-€3 for 5-15 minutes of time. I got to the end of it and was advised that €3 would be credited. I have not seen this kind of survey from them before. I kept looking out for the stage in the survey where you were to be thanked for your time and awarded the €1.

After the familiar introduction (sound and video checks) questions follow on flights and sponsorship awareness and it then narrows down to a well known airline which sponsors an Irish team (not sure if I am allowed to mention them).

I got €1, though the survey didn't end abruptly, seemed to run its course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

Conchir wrote: »
    I got €1, though the survey didn't end abruptly, seemed to run its course.

I think i only got €1 for it aswel but it said at the end that €3 would be credit to my account. Will have to check again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

I've got 3 for that one.

I got a REDC €2 survey at 11.12 this morning and was screened out at 11.15 after clicking on the button for a third level degree! The message came up that they had interviewed enough people in my demographic. Hmm, I wonder how many they needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I got a REDC €2 survey at 11.12 this morning and was screened out at 11.15 after clicking on the button for a third level degree! The message came up that they had interviewed enough people in my demographic. Hmm, I wonder how many they needed?

Quite probably zero. Not much point giving a survey on, say, post leaving cert courses to someone with a degree for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Did anyone get the survey from RedC survey evaluating Vodafones' sponsorship of the Irish rugby team (think it was 3euro)...

I qualified for it yesterday evening, working perfectly throughout, until about 80% complete, then the link malfunctioned and would no longer work (think a populus live error screen came up on refresh). So i tried to re-access again (and later on after waiting the obligatory 10 mins), cleared my cache/cookies, tried a different device, but it still failed to work. Tried again late last night and was met with a RedC screen which stated they had reached their targeted demographic :(

Yes, worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Just got a €1 5 min survey from RedC. Avoid it. About charities. Asks for a postcode, which i had t look up since Ireland only just got them. Takes more than 5 mins and then at 85% doesn't recognise the postcode. It says -

The postcode format is incorrect. Please leave a space between the first and last group.

Which is what i have done. Several times, and left space after space.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

malcy wrote: »
    Just got a €1 5 min survey from RedC. Avoid it. About charities. Asks for a postcode, which i had t look up since Ireland only just got them. Takes more than 5 mins and then at 85% doesn't recognise the postcode. It says -

The postcode format is incorrect. Please leave a space between the first and last group.

Which is what i have done. Several times, and left space after space.

I just used a random UK postcode - I've had to do that with similar surveys in the past. This one wasn't really worth the effort and took longer than it should for one measly euro! It was about UK charities and responses weren't relevant to ROI.

BT1 1AA usually works. Screened out of that one anyway

Got another that had "Don't know" as an answer for "How many children under the age of 18 live in your house". Are they going to call Tusla on everyone that selects that?

Gotta love the question about where you live in that UK survey and the response option is a 'small hamlet'! Feels as if I fell back in time to the middle ages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Gotta love the question about where you live in that UK survey and the response option is a 'small hamlet'! Feels as if I fell back in time to the middle ages!

That's a perfect description of where I live though.

• Advertisement

That's a perfect description of where I live though.

I just can't help picturing yokels on the village green though ...

I know that strictly speaking the definition is 'a small settlement without a church' but I'd imagine most Irish people wouldn't use such a term. However, happiness is, as the old ad said, a cigar called Hamlet ... or maybe close but no cigar! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I had 4 RedC polls sent to me today with a total of €11. Just in time for the end of tge month to get me another cheque :D

that UK one was odd..though it gave me €3

Few more quid would be very nice - think I'm at 47 or 48 when a third party one credits.

Been quite bad at doing IO surveys this year; jumped at other sites though. Acumen have been busier than last year.

This'll work

SW1A 1AA

it's Buckingham Palace - I don't think HM will mind too much!:D

This'll work

SW1A 1AA

it's Buckingham Palace - I don't think HM will mind too much!:D

Wait till she gets the junk mail!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Almost at my €50 payout on RedC but don't think i will make it in time. Is it the end of the month for the cutoff?

malcy wrote: »
    Almost at my €50 payout on RedC but don't think i will make it in time. Is it the end of the month for the cutoff?

From their website:
    'Cheques are being issued in the beginning of each month. This means that if you have reached 50 points in May, your cheque will be issued in the beginning of June'

Though any cheques I have received have been dated mid-month. Fingers crossed and you might get another survey or three in time to count.

The cutoff date is always the last day of the previous month even if the cheque printing date varies.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

IO surveys have been less frequent the last few weeks. No doubt it's due to the more specific questions in the profile section, definitely bypassing quite a few people.
    And just redeemed a voucher from IO and had to provide my phone number to receive a verification code before redemption.

• Advertisement

I've a RedC third party survey that hasn't credited yet and would put me over the 50. Have a distinct feeling it'll be mid May before I see that cheque though.

Advertisement