Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Just got a cheque from Red C today thank God! I hope you guys receive them now also.

Got mine too :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ivercarter

Can anyone tell me how to become a member in userneeds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

ivercarter wrote: »

I forget how I joined. Drop them an email and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

ivercarter wrote: »
    I think a quick Userneeds survey popped up when I went to the Smyths toystore website that let's you join.

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,784 ✭✭✭✭L1011

When did IO add SMS verification to claim vouchers? Odd as it doesn't verify the address, or indeed that that mobile number has anything to do with the person who owns the account!

Due to their slow postage, the 2 voucher limit just means I'll claim every 2 - never spend any until Christmas usually but no way I'd risk them around that time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

L1011 wrote: »
    When did IO add SMS verification to claim vouchers? Odd as it doesn't verify the address, or indeed that that mobile number has anything to do with the person who owns the account!

Due to their slow postage, the 2 voucher limit just means I'll claim every 2 - never spend any until Christmas usually but no way I'd risk them around that time of year.
    Must be a new thing. I redeemed last month and there was no SMS verification. I'll be doing the same from now on. Redeeming 2 as I can because delivery tool a month this time. Longest yet.

The verification was a nuisance, as I have no mobile reception at home. It seems to have only started this week and, bizarrely, is a one off event.
    Their postage costs are going to increase, as I shall be cashing in every time I have accrued two vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

Actually come to think of it, I had to use the SMS verification for the voucher I ordered in March. I ordered another one on Saturday and didn't have to use SMS verification, had actually forgotten about it.

Invitation still quiet in relation to IO. Just been on my own account and tried the 'take a survey' option, worked a treat, 5 surveys completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Westeros wrote: »
    Invitation still quiet in relation to IO. Just been on my own account and tried the 'take a survey' option, worked a treat, 5 surveys completed.
    Yeah that seems to be the only way I'm getting to complete any with them over the last 2 weeks. And I normally do good with them.
    Had a 4 euro one with Red C today which brings me to 46. Whats the chances of getting 4 euro with them over the next 3 days:P
    Not complaining though as my last cheque from them was only in March!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Mishonee

Yeah that's how I do it also, by the "take a survey" option as I never get any invitation by e-mail. I just check couple of times a day, when I have time and basically, every single day there is at least 1 survey waiting :)

jluv wrote: »
    Yeah that seems to be the only way I'm getting to complete any with them over the last 2 weeks. And I normally do good with them.
    Had a 4 euro one with Red C today which brings me to 46. Whats the chances of getting 4 euro with them over the next 3 days:P
    I've got my cheque this month and I'm already at 43, so it was a quite busy time with Red C :D

Mishonee wrote: »
    I've got my cheque this month and I'm already at 43, so it was a quite busy time with Red C :D

Ye must have the dream profiles ;) My last cheque was February and I'm still under €20!

Ye must have the dream profiles ;) My last cheque was February and I'm still under €20!

My relation with Red C is rather stormy :pac: Once they want me all the time, once not at all for few months. For the last cheque I was working 3 months, so yeah..there is no regulation for this :D

Mishonee wrote: »
    My relation with Red C is rather stormy :pac: Once they want me all the time, once not at all for few months. For the last cheque I was working 3 months, so yeah..there is no regulation for this :D

Haha, don't question it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Not complaining though as my last cheque from them was only in March![

Got a 3 euro and a 4 euro one today so took me over the 50!
    It'll be Christmas I'd say before I hit the next one:p

RED C emailed back with some information on the part-time job they had advertised.
    For those of you interested it involves cold calling to carry out interviews with members of the public. A typical day would be roughly 6 hours and you must reach your quota in that time, typically 8 interviews. They do state that they cannot guarantee work every week.
    Pay can vary depending on the quota with an hourly rate of €10+ plus 48c per mile after the first 10 miles are deducted. Tax and PRSI deducted at source with holiday pay of 8% on each assignment successfully completed.

RED C emailed back with some information on the part-time job they had advertised.
    For those of you interested it involves cold calling to carry out interviews with members of the public. A typical day would be roughly 6 hours and you must reach your quota in that time, typically 8 interviews. They do state that they cannot guarantee work every week.
    Pay can vary depending on the quota with an hourly rate of €10+ plus 48c per mile after the first 10 miles are deducted. Tax and PRSI deducted at source with holiday pay of 8% on each assignment successfully completed.

Had one of them call here a couple of years back and said she was going to houses all day and we were the first who were in residence and agreed to take the survey. A thankless job and it's much harder to get 8 completed surveys a day between people not interested or being the wrong demographics.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Vast amount of Userneeds surveys this weekend, more than I've had in months

How did you know this in advance? I must have spent 90 mins since I read this doing surveys. Never had as many points banked though.

Had one of them call here a couple of years back and said she was going to houses all day and we were the first who were in residence and agreed to take the survey. A thankless job and it's much harder to get 8 completed surveys a day between people not interested or being the wrong demographics.

Yeah it doesn't seem worthwhile for me personally. Also says those down the country will be given areas 25-30 minutes from their home address. Then you've got to find 8 people that meet the specified criteria who are willing to partake. Think I'll stick to the online ones!

• Advertisement

Not complaining though as my last cheque from them was only in March![

Got a 3 euro and a 4 euro one today so took me over the 50!
    It'll be Christmas I'd say before I hit the next one:p

Yeah got bombarded with 4 Red C surveys also yesterday, managed to do 2 of them as the other 2 were closed already in the time I've reached laptop, so I managed to get to 50 also which I consider my personal record of reaching 50 in a month :))

beertons wrote: »
    How did you know this in advance? I must have spent 90 mins since I read this doing surveys. Never had as many points banked though.

I didn't - I got one and saw 3 more listed after doing it. It only shows 3 - so there was still 3 after the next!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Anyone having technical errors with RedC? I had one on Saturday, with the survey crashing out on the first couple of pages. But tonight I was half-way through a fairly interesting survey on economic views and household spending when it crashed again. I don't have other apps crashing on me regularly, so it seems to be specific to RedC.

Anyone having technical errors with RedC? I had one on Saturday, with the survey crashing out on the first couple of pages. But tonight I was half-way through a fairly interesting survey on economic views and household spending when it crashed again. I don't have other apps crashing on me regularly, so it seems to be specific to RedC.

I've actually just taken a survey with IO on the way we watch TV etc. mainly focusing on Netflix and YouTube and I screened out about 5/6 times within the 15 minute survey. I've actually just discovered that IO now have a 'resume survey' option, luckily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Yes I had that problem yesterday, survey crashed at around 35%, went back to it this morning and surprisingly it opened up where it had crashed and I was able to complete

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

NATLOR wrote: »
    Yes I had that problem yesterday, survey crashed at around 35%, went back to it this morning and surprisingly it opened up where it had crashed and I was able to complete

Thanks - how did you get back into it? Refreshing the last page, or starting out from the link in the email? I've tried both without success.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Snow Crash

Thanks - how did you get back into it? Refreshing the last page, or starting out from the link in the email? I've tried both without success.
    I had a RedC survey last night that glitched out at 70% and when I clicked on the email link again it said it was closed, I then went to the RedClive site and logged in and tried the email link again and it worked. I had to put in my date of birth first before it let me continue on from 70% though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Really good month with Red C. ?30 added to the account. Blocked out from one ?4 survey however, for demographic reasons (did not drink premade diluted drinks enough).
    +Completed another ?7 worth of external survey that I am awaiting payments for. I had a busy couple of months and made a point of filling in my redc surveys again on account of how frequently I had missed them in Feb/March.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

€3 off my first €50 with RedCLive now - it's all going on crochet supplies much to my OH's dismay :D
    Find myself not bothering as much with IO now. I dunno, the vouchers just don't really stretch to much for me, especially given I have to travel to most of the places the vouchers are for, and Easons won't let you use multiples in one go.

Anyone have any others to suggest?

• Advertisement

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    €3 off my first €50 with RedCLive now - it's all going on crochet supplies much to my OH's dismay :D
    Find myself not bothering as much with IO now. I dunno, the vouchers just don't really stretch to much for me, especially given I have to travel to most of the places the vouchers are for, and Easons won't let you use multiples in one go.

Anyone have any others to suggest?

iReach - slow but consistent. 2 or 3 surveys a month with the odd extra; 1.50 a survey and you can cash out One4All vouchers in multiples of 15

The rest are all really, really, really slow these days. Acumen still pay well and you can cash out at 10 but it can be a tenner a week or a tenner every 3 months!

edit: Just got an iReach that was only a €1 as I wrote that! Very short though.

Advertisement